SS Christmas in July 2011

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Once again, it’s time for Secret Santa - Christmas in July!

Rules:

- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
- Signup deadline will be Sunday , June 12th at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, trf handle, address, and wishlist starting June 14th.

- You are encouraged to promote Secret Santa – Christmas in July in your TRF Signature.
- Buy a gift for your recipient. Participating vendors please post on this thread any specials you may have.
- Receive your gift.
-July 4th - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it.
- Respond to thank yous

- If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Christmas in July 2011" to n3tjm @ juno . com (without the spaces). In the e-mail, include the following information:

[FONT=&quot]TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field, this makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Example:
[FONT=&quot]N3tjm <Enter>[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Douglas Gardei <Enter>
[/FONT] (Actual shipping address is https://www.pvbi.edu/copyright.html)
[FONT=&quot]Somewhere St. <Enter>
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Somewhere, XX. XXXXX <Enter>
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]555-555-5555 <Enter>
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aerotech: D13, E11, E18, G53, G64, G76; Estes: Alien Invader, Estes Astron Elliptic II,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Blast off Flight Pack, Comet Chaser, D12-3&#8217;s, Equinox, Flutter-By, Interceptor E, Long Tom, Magician, Maxi Alpha III, Outlander, Phoenix Bird, Photon Probe, Satellite Interceptor, Stratocruiser, Space Eagle, Super Alpha, Super Neon XL, Vector Force, Wadding; Fliskits Decim8, Morning Star, Shadowloard; Loc Phoenix Barebone Kit; Semroc Defender, Gehid, Mini Omega, Mini Optima, Orbital Transport, PSC Infinity, Vector-V; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pem Tech: Kraken or King Kraken, Space Arc; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Quest B6-4 and C6-5 motors, D5-4 and D5-6 motors, 24pk igniters, Aerospace One, Full Betty, SHX Stilleto. Parts to clone an Estes Optima/Shadow. Or if Papa Elf has been really really good, he could use a RMS 24/60 and a pack or two of F35-5Ws, real cheap at hobbylinc. [/FONT]
Have Fun!

Papa Elf

Last edited:
I'm in all the way!

Wish list:

Snap ring hardware (brandX,loki,kosdon,ellis,AMW,Gorilla...it's all the same to me)
-PR competitor 3
-performance 6 inch ogive nosecone 3:1
-Any high power kit, preferred 38mm+ split or tube fins are favorite ;)
-wildman club membership
-G138 reload
-proline epoxy
-Binder Design Thug (38mm)
-Binder Design Raptor
*weird request alert*
-Damaged high power rockets, if you broke it (not too badly) I want it!

Of course, if I have a few posts a year, you know you can always count on me for SS! And soon, oh so soon will I have a build thread spun up :)

First week of Sign Ups over. Here is who I have so far :)

Cjl
Gagreen
Nukemmcssret
Pem Tech
Scotty Dog
Spaceclipper

Don't forget to promote SS in your signature :)

E-mail sent!:)

Wishlist:
Darkstar Mini
Any of the 'nite flier' rockets from Leading Edge(can be had at Commonwealth now)
CTI Pro-24 1g case w/closure
3" pinnacle nosecone
3" Blue Tube body tube(s)
Estes MIRV
Estes QCC Explorer
Quest Aerospace One
Quest MLAS
Estes F.A.G.(Fin Alignment Guide)
Estes Tube Cutter Set

Last edited:
Second week of Sign Ups over. Here is who I have so far :)

AlfaBrewer
Cjl
Gagreen
dragon_rider10
Nukemmcssret
Pantherjon
Pem Tech
Scotty Dog
Spaceclipper

UPscaler

Don't forget to promote SS in your signature :) We need more people :)

Final week to sign up! Here is what we have so far:

AlfaBrewer

Cjl
Gagreen
dragon_rider10

El Cheapo
Kira_Majeric
Nukemmcssret
Pantherjon
Pem Tech
Rocketjoe13
Scotty Dog
Spaceclipper

UPscaler

I'd like to sign up too, but for what ever reason, I seem to miss the event. Dunno what it is, or where, But I cannot send you (n3tjm) an email! I guess canada / qweebec blocks the @ Juno . com part.. (No mailer deamon "cannot find receipient" , just dissapears into cyberspace..)

I beleive I even tried to send you a PM through TRF at the last SS as well, but no reply..

any alternatives?

If you copied and pasted the email address, try typing it wothout spaces.

Nope, done all that...

It first surfaced a few years ago, and I spoke to Douglas directly, a buch of back & forths.. He offered an alternative address which worked.. that was a few years ago. I tried recently, the past SS in December, with the same results, and utimately missed out..

Did you Canucks do something to piss off Santa? Maybe you'll get a bag of coal with fins and a nose cone if yer lucky.

I got my email sent off to Papa Elf..... Now it's time for the tough part.... patience....:kill:

Of course, right now doesn't begin to compare to the agony of having that little box come through the door.... then it's there.... mocking you for a few days!

Here is my list.... Aerotech 24/40 Motor Casing,Semroc Orbital Transport,Semroc Trident,Sunward Gravity Rider - antares class,Dr. Zooch Return to flight Space Shuttle,Estes Mirv,Estes Interceptor,Estes Commanche-3

I'm really looking forward to participating again this year.

Deadline coming up! Got more e-mails so here's the updated list. Also updated my wishlist :p

AlfaBrewer

Cjl
Gagreen
dragon_rider10

El Cheapo
jdud
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]JEFFGERACI[/FONT]
Kira_Majeric
Nukemmcssret
Pantherjon
Pem Tech
Rocketjoe13
Scotty Dog
Spaceclipper
Tsai[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]UPscaler
Worldofglenn

Deadline coming up! Got more e-mails so here's the updated list. Also updated my wishlist :p

AlfaBrewer

Cjl
Gagreen
dragon_rider10

El Cheapo
jdud
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]JEFFGERACI[/FONT]
Kira_Majeric
Nukemmcssret
Pantherjon
Pem Tech
Rocketjoe13
Scotty Dog
Spaceclipper
Tsai[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]UPscaler
Worldofglenn

Does Papa Elf get his name tossed into the fray as well?

Not since Santa handed me this job. Once in a while Santa remembers all the hard work us elves do and gives us something for our troubles :) Most of the time by the time Santa gets back, and books his vacation to the Bahamas, he'll forget about his elves until around November when letters start arriving in the mail from good girls and boys :p

Okay.....Better late than never eh? I am officially in....message sent. Thanks for all your hard work Papa Elf!!!

“The List”

Pem-Tech: King Kracken (High Power), Kracken (Mid Power)

Wildman: Mini Darkstar, Drago

Dr. Zooch: Saturn 1B, Saturn V, Saturn 1B Apollo 5, Skylab Saturn V

Fliskits: Richter Recker, Corona & Corona 2, US Tog

Any Black Brandt II Kit…..

I'm not on the list, i sent my email in on monday. should i send it again?

Jeremy

I'm in.

Wish List:
Standard Rockets Assembly Tool
Roachwerks Avenger Guinevee
Sirrus Rocketry Mid-power Interrogator
Squirrel Works Liberator
Aero pac RA29L retainer
Semroc Trident

Final Day to sign up! Here is who we have so far :)

AlfaBrewer
Cjl
Gagreen
dragon_rider10
El Cheapo
Jclark
jdud
JEFFGERACI
Kira_Majeric
Massrokit
Nukemmcssret
Pantherjon
Pem Tech
Rocketjoe13
Scotty Dog
Spaceclipper
Tsai
UPscaler
Weetie11
Worldofglenn

Going be a slight delay. Lost power for most of the evening so I wasn't able to get the e-mails ready. Look for them tomorrow evening :)

Back