SS Christmas in July 09

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Last year was the first time we did Secret Santa, Christmas in July. I don't remember who hosted it, but I think it went well. So, I hope who ever hosted it last year don't mind if Papa Elf steps up to the plate and run this year's Secret Santa - Christmas in July.

Rules:
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
- Signup deadline will be Sunday, June 14th at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, trf handle, address, and wishlist starting June 15th.
- Buy a gift for your recipient. Participating vendors will be posted in another thread soon.
- Recieve your gift.
-July 4th - open your gift!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it.
- Respond to thank yous :p

- If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa" to n3tjm @ juno . com (without the spaces). In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case PapaElf needs to contact you. Last Christmas, the Wish Lish was an option I added, and it was a success. I ended up having to e-mail everyone that did not include anything in this field because TRF was down and nobody could check what their recipient wanted. So this field is a requirement now.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf

What are the spending limits?

I hosted it, but I'm glad you are stepping up to do it this year.

It was fun last year! :D I am in..Will send the e-mail Monday or Tuesday as I am switching ISP's and that means a new e-mail address to learn:rolleyes:

Mr. Papa elf..

Same story as last time..

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Secret scanta in July
Sent: 2009-05-07 08:21

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

n3tjm @ juno .com on 2009-05-09 08:28
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.
<scaletron.com #4.4.7>

Alternate address?!

Ahansom
CharlaineC
cjl
DanB
dappa1012
Donaldsrockets
Dr Wogz
El Cheapo
JAllen
jdud
jflis
kandsrockets
MartyAMC
Mystical Rockets
nukemmcssret
Pantherjon
Pem Tech
peter_stanley
RandyM
RangerStl
Rocketjoe13
Skycopp
Vanel

<List Updated 6-15-09>

Last edited:
I'm in. Email sent to n3jtm at juno dot com. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
List updated. We need more ppl :)

Vendor list will be put together close to when the deadline ends :).

I think part of the problem is that the secret santa is a lot less noticeable here than it was in the coffee house.

I agree with that assessment. I was thinking it would be nice to have a banner or something that everyone can see no matter where they are.

I agree with that assessment. I was thinking it would be nice to have a banner or something that everyone can see no matter where they are.

I think a better idea is to ask the participants to put a Secret Santa link in their signatures. That will help promote it wherever the participants post.

Ahhh... I didn't see this till now. I'll play, it's been fun a few times now. Emailing papa elf now. :)

Thanks for the sig links! I might have missed it otherwise.

Less than two weeks to sign up! List has been updated too. Check to see if your name is there. Also, please post a banner in your sig and link to this page. Tell everyone you know in your club about this event :p

June already? I'm still eating Easter candy and now it's Christmas time already? Papa Elf, I've been good. I'm just slow. Sign me in/up/whatever. Wish I may, wish I might, wish I had a rocket flight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back