For Sale Spring Cleaning - 1010 PVC tripod, HD tripod base, and Type IV Explosives Magazine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

SMR

Entropy Demonstrator
Reaction score
As my truss/trailer pad gets near completion, I need make some room in the garage for it by passing along some other under-utilized equipment. Not planning on shipping anything just yet, this round is intended for face-to-face handoff in the tri-state area (N Illinois, S Wisconsin, NW Indiana), with free delivery to New Berlin sod field or Bong (WOOSH), Princeton (QCRS), or Hughes farm (FVR) launches. I will accept cash, personal check, or an I.O.U. from known individuals for all transactions. PM me and I'll hold them for you (in the order PM received).

SOLD - 1st up is a PVC tripod with 4' 1010 rail. Doesn't look like it has ever been used. Probably best for small (model) rockets only. Pictures to follow in morning. (sorry, didn't plan ahead) $25

SOLD 2nd is the ubiquitous Rockwell JawStand pad, good for rockets up to about 20 pounds. Easy to setup and use, includes 8' installed 1010 rail with stand-off and steel blast deflector. $50

AVAILABLE - 3rd is a heavier duty launch pad project I had planned but which was pre-empted by the trailer pad. It was originally a baseball swing-trainer, which has a very wide, stable footprint yet easily folds for transport. Includes extension tube for top (built in twist to lock attachment method). I bought this from my neighbor for $80 when their son went off to college, it was a good value then and remains so now. It will be a great launch pad, just have to attach a mechanism to hold a 1515 rail. $75

SOLD - Last is a US Explosives Type IV magazine, basically a steel Rigid-type tool storage chest / job worksite box with an added plywood liner to eliminate sparks, making it certified to meet or exceed ATF specifications for a type IV explosives magazine. Great for storing rocket motors, but would also work for fireworks, ignitors, electric matches, squibs, or even just plain tools in your truck. Dual covered lock points. 30" x 16" x 14.5" $100

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.28.39 PM.png

00i0i_eONOE2b4Fqbz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

00101_90IaBidCnFIz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

RocketRev

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is the Rockwell still available?

SMR

Entropy Demonstrator
Reaction score
Yes. Just posted here.

RocketRev

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to buy it. Will you be at Mini-Mid West Power?

SMR

Entropy Demonstrator
Reaction score
Yes. I will bring it for you. Thanks.

SMR

Entropy Demonstrator
Reaction score
1st up is a PVC tripod with 4' 1010 rail. Doesn't look like it has ever been used. Probably best for small (model) rockets only. Pictures to follow in morning. (sorry, didn't plan ahead) $25
Pictures of PVC pad added. One and only one blast mark on blast deflector, so has been flown once. (would have corrected the original post but TRF doesn't trust us to edit our own posts anymore.) Two section rail is pristine with stainless hardware.

IMG_4912.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

FlyBy01

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Interested in the U.S. explosives box. PM sent.

SMR

Entropy Demonstrator
Reaction score
Interested in the U.S. explosives box. PM sent.
Its pretty big AND heavy. Shipping might very well double the cost, so I prefer to hand off locally. Thanks for your interest. And congrats on your recent certs.

SMR

Entropy Demonstrator
Reaction score
SOLD - 1st up is a PVC tripod with 4' 1010 rail. Doesn't look like it has ever been used. Probably best for small (model) rockets only. Pictures to follow in morning. (sorry, didn't plan ahead) $25
Once again, I can't edit my own posts. Admin guys not available. So, this is only way left to update. PVC pad with 4' rail has sold.

PSLimo

Reaction score
I'll take the storage box and will be at Bong in June if that works for you.

Phil

SMR

Entropy Demonstrator
Reaction score
That works. Thanks. Sather