Spray Paint Racks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjkopena

Rocketship Games
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Super excited about these shelves I built this week & got up tonight:

20221004-spraypaint-rack.jpg
20221004-spraypaint-detail.jpg

This marks essentially the end of an almost year long off & on effort to dramatically clean out & reorganize my basement to create a lot more workshop space. For the first time in months I can get to any of my printers, cutters, etc without having to shuffle a bunch of stuff around and just block access to something else. Now to get back down to the serious business of building more & bigger rockets to blow up ---er--- lose in trees ---um--- ---wait--- "justify" filling the newly created space with yet more "necessary" tools and supplies. ---nailed it---

Nice work.

Do you use all those Montana cans of paint for model rockets? Or do you use them for other applications?

Rockets and terrain for tabletop miniatures gaming. On rockets they tend to end up with a slight eggshell texture but they look and photograph nice, generally I don't care about the minimal extra drag, and I can get them in the neighborhood.

you must really like Montana spray paint.
It's worth it! Tremendous amount of colors, single coat coverage, goes over any primer that I've ever seen or heard tell of, masks easily, dries quickly, glosses up amazingly well when clear coated/polished, easily repaired, you can change spray heads to suit what you're spraying (or to clean them), compatible with Max2K automotive rattle can 2 part poly rattle can, and available at art stores and some Michaels craft stores for $12 or less a can.....and unlike all those other rattle cans the formula hasn't changed in the decade or so that I've been using them for any of my projects. I probably have 25 or 30 cans on my own shelf. Montana has NONE of the issues that plague other rattle cans. I don't use anything but Montana to paint anymore except the occasional single color rocket that might get a krylon or rusto shot.

Back