Sport Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about this magazine or newsprint? Unfortunately, I know nothing about it and have never seen an issue.
Thanks.

It is a benefit of NAR membership, and distributed only to NAR members.

It is also available at many hobby shops. The next time you stop into your hobby shop ask if they carry it and, if not, ask that they do :)

This is really stupid . . . it's the magazine I already get - I just forgot to look at the title, duh.

Are there any other rocketry publications I should know about, floating out there?

Originally posted by akpilot
This is really stupid . . . it's the magazine I already get - I just forgot to look at the title, duh.

Are there any other rocketry publications I should know about, floating out there?

The only other ones I know about are High Power Rocketry (TRA's equivalent to Sport Rocketry), and Extreme Rocketry. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

HPR has problems with it's publication schedule, and I belive is impossble to get without TRA membership (I'd love for someone to correct me on this - I used to get this magazine and wish I still could.) When I used to get it the content was good, but sometimes at teh expense of an amateurish layout. But I admit I haven't seen an issue for several years so that could have changed.

Extreme Rocketry has a much more reliable publication schedule, but suffers a bit from "style over content". I've stuck with it though, even though I've sometimes had to go to "extreme lengths" to get issues.

On balance, I prefer Sport Rocketry, which I subscribe to via a rocketry Vendor in the UK, despite not being a NAR member. Sport Rocketry has it's ups and downs too, such as the extended coverage of events which I find a bit over long sometimes. But it's published regularly, obtainable, and good value for money.

Of course there are also "newsletter" style magazines published by clubs all around the world, some of which are excellent.

Hokkyokusei thanks for the input. Where in the UK do you live? I lived in the UK for six years, down on the borders Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire. My wife's from Leicester.

Does anyone else know of some good, public domain, newsletters out there?

Latest posts

Back