Sport Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my advertisers proof copy but not my regular subscription copy. I saw your ad, very nice.

I have!Let me tell ya' if I could kick myself in the backside I would.I had no idea that the Team America Challenge was that big.Just 20 minutes from my house and I didn't go.Coulda,woulda,shoulda I reckon.

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
I have my advertisers proof copy but not my regular subscription copy. I saw your ad, very nice.

Man I popped that thing out in about 20 minutes. Came this close to missing the deadline. It'll be spruced up next time, though. Got a whole lot more stuff to put in there.

got it ...nice ad !

hey Forecheck is that you on page 6 with the goblin deuce?

Originally posted by gerbs4me
got mine, read it already, like the new Estes X-Prize rockets

I like 'em , too. I really expected the Oracle and Scissor wing to sell better than they have, though. So far they've been the slowest. Guess which one is the best seller so far. Space ship One, of course. No surprise there.
Now that I've done it (the ad), I can't wait to see how many of the copycats will jump on the bandwagon.

Originally posted by stymye
got it ...nice ad !

hey Forecheck is that you on page 6 with the goblin deuce?

Yea, I saw the Goblin Deuce, but man they sure didn't *call* it that! LOL

I also notice the Tour de Deuce models made it in there :) kewl

Originally posted by rebar_rocketry
Now that I've done it (the ad), I can't wait to see how many of the copycats will jump on the bandwagon.

Are you referring to other vendors placing ads, or other manufacturer's building X-prize rocket kits?

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Interesting how others view wanting to do well in buisness as "copycatting". Placing a rocketry store add in a rocket magazine add is not what I would call an original thought. I guess Estes must think were all copycats for having the nerve to want to make a couple of bucks selling a few rockets. And just as a side note I have noticed alot of venders who have been in buisness for longer than a year or so. Hmmm chicken or the egg??
The more vendors we have the better.

Rebar has copied a lot of stuff from my eBay store. Guess where he got the "Pay shipping for one item and all additional items ship free!". He tries to act like everyone copies him, in reality he copies everyone else.

Brian

I guess now that I have a phone number anybody getting one now is a copycat.

Brian
I agree with you 100% people should mind there own stores not other peoples.

Hey guys, this thread is teetering on getting ugly. Ya might want to consider some of the comments afore the mods step in...

Bswan-
Not to mention the fact that your totally unprofessional comment made you sound like a six year old, I dont believe taking an idea is called copycatting, I believe that it is called trying to run a buisness. If you have such a problem with rebar, then why dont you discuss it privatley instead of in front of the entire forum. Who really cares if he took your shipping deal. I did not see where rebar said that he believes everyone copies him. Did you find something that the rest of us should be aware of? All I saw was rebar making a joke. I am pretty sure he has enough common sense to know that he is in fact "copying" every other company that placed an ad in Sport Rocketry before he did. Guess what? It is called ADVERTISING. Plenty of people do it. If you care so much about this subject, then why dont you let Rebar defend himself before you make jabs that are hurting his reputation.

Mods- feel free to remove this. I felt that I had to defend Rebar while he is not here.

ROFL LMAO!

That started out as an inside joke with a couple other members of the Forum, but I guess I struck a nerve!:D It really does look childish, but I guess if they didn't feel a little "guilty", they wouldn't have said something. I didn't make a single reference to anyone or any business, but give some people enough rope and they will hang theirself.

Here's a tip to one of you. I'll let you figure out which one:
Try to remember what screen name you are posting under at any given time. It kinda gives you away.

Tarc

I dont think any of this needs to be removed, just a little friendly jabbing at each other. I kind of got a little chuckle out of this thread. No one is being nasty or making any horrible jestures. Just some lefthanded comments. Look I joked about getting a phone number, Im not the first one to do that either.

Look at his eBay store. He says "There are many copycats and imitators, but only one Rebar Rocketry!" and "Don't be fooled by copycats and imitators. Shop with us, a real rocketry business, not amateurs trying to wear "big hats".

Brian

I have found Rebar Rocketry to be professionally run, with good prices and a wide selection and with an excellent website to order from.

Trying to shoot him down on this forum can only hurt the business of the shooter.

Originally posted by seo
I have found Rebar Rocketry to be professionally run, with good prices and a wide selection and with an excellent website to order from.

Trying to shoot him down on this forum can only hurt the business of the shooter.

Thank ya. Thank ya very much.

Hey guys if we cant all poke a little and have some fun whats the point? I was not offended by anything Rebar said. As far as I can tell he was having some fun. Bottom line is our job as vendors is to spread the joy and fun of this hobby to the next generation.

I have had graet experience dealing with Rebar.
Great comunication, prices and lightning fast shipping.
From what I have seen from too many others this is not a copied trait.
Brian, give it a rest dude. A previous post said you are sounding like a 6 year old, I think the more you push it the lower that age goes.

Originally posted by bswan72
Rebar has copied a lot of stuff from my eBay store. Guess where he got the "Pay shipping for one item and all additional items ship free!". He tries to act like everyone copies him, in reality he copies everyone else.

Brian

There is no doubt in my mind that you did not originate this idea.

Did you just have the same idea that others' already had, or did you copy it?

Did he just have the same idea that others' already had, or did he copy it?

I'm glad you feel free to speak your mind despite the negative consequences to your professional reputation. That's brave.

People
In the immortal words of Rodney King "Cant we all just get along"

This may have started as good natured ribbing or a joke, but now me thinks it time to give this a rest. If a guest or someone sees this stuff it doesnt make any of us look good.

I would concur with you on this one Rick. Reminds me of Godfather I where Clemenza tells Al pacino we have to have one of these things every 10 years or so to get out the bad blood LOL. You know the scene right before he wacks the mob guy and the police captain.

I forgot about that line in the movie, I wish I could remember the name of the actor that played "Peter Clemenza". What was the mob guys screen name wasnt it "Bruno" something.

Back