Sport Rocketry, March/April

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The thread about the Estes Military kits in the current issue of SR got me to thinking/wondering...

Is the FlisKits ad in this magazine, effective? At this point, we are only doing a 1/6 page ad. I've had *some* feedback that folks have contacted us after seeing the ad, but wanted to know if others are seeing it, their opinions of it, etc.

all feedback is much welcome! :)

Jim- I certainly noticed it. Of course, I look at every ad these days to make sure I have scoured their sites for left over reloads, kits, etc. :p Yours stands out because its in color, with a cool rocket. Most are in black and white. I have to ask: Is that rocket pictured in the ad going to be available to the public after NSL this year? Maybe in your 2003 catalog? I'm hopin!

Russ
NAR #81741

I think it is a great looking ad and I sure noticed it.

I wonder if my familiarity with Fliskits from here was a factor?....but I notice all the ads related to rocketry. Jim - your ad with the color etc does look sharp and stand out.

Thank you for your feedback.

YOu folks have no idea how helpfull this sort of thing is. We have big plans and high goals, but have to make do with small budgets and not enough time. Therefore, every cent we spend and every moment we spend has to provide some sort of return if we are to make it work.

You'll note how much time I spend in here (and other forums). Well, i'm convinced this is time well spent (well, that and it's a heck of a great way to relax after a hectic day :D )

I've always been pleased with our ad design (if i DO say so myself :D ), but then i often get the feeling that i'm looking at it through rose colored glasses *S*

As for that kit??? hhhmmmm.... *that* kit??? hhhmmmm

well, seeing as they've all been sold, I can say "yea"... we don't know the release date, but you'll get a sneak preview at Whitakers next month

It's a great looking ad. As far as effectiveness goes, on the next one, maybe you could put a "source code" on there, giving away a free chute/nose cone/whatever you might have lots of stock in that isn't going to break the bank with a $25 purchase or something (c'mon...once you decide to buy a kit and pay shipping, you KNOW you're gonna see 2 you like and gotta have). This way, you'll know for sure where the order came from.

Me? I'm probably doing my buying at Whitakers to save the shipping costs. :D

Maybe someday you can have a full page add in Sport Rocketry too... maybe even the back cover! Move over Aerotech!

Remember Jim, Aim for the sky and try not to miss!

Jim,

I certainly notice your ads everytime I see them. I think it's partly because I am familiar with your company and your style of artwork (which is really neat). So I picked up the mag just now and kinda flipped through it looking at which ads caught my eye. Yours did and the kicker, besides being color, was the diagonal color background, accent on the red. It's a real eye catcher when flipping by.

Just my .02 worth...

OBTW, Deuce's Wild kit #35 is finally ready for paint. :D

bmhiii

The color diagonal is our corporate brand. Our corp colors are red/gray.

If you look closely, or buy enough kits, you will notice that the *color* portion of the kit cover art matches the kit style.

Futuristic kits are slate blue

Multi stage are orange

Competition are Pink-Book Pink

Sport are brown

there IS a method to our madness... :D :D

Madness? Oh No! I hope he is not loosing his sanity :D! If this affects his great service; we all have to do something! :kill: :D:D:D

Advertisements ad a sense of professionalism and more importantly, state the presence of the BRAND or product. For instance, you see that little "swoosh" icon and you can now instantly associate Nike shoes. You'd be surprised how many people have yet to hear about FlisKits. Some folks aren't in tune with the web yet and have no desire to seek out smaller organizations. OTOH, seeing an ad in their favorite rocketry magazine will certainly pique their curiosity into looking further. Besides, once one of their friends mention FlisKits, they can now confidently say "Yeah, I've heard of them." Spread the word. Spread the joy. If you build it, they will come. :D

And yes, I've noticed the ads before. My first reaction was "Wow, check it out. Jim's company is advertised in Sport Rocketry Magazine!"

I agree with the others. Include a source code and perhaps offer a free chute or some small bonus (Fliskits decal?) with providing the code. The small gift/bonus will certainly confirm the ads' relevance in your sales.

yep, we agree with adding a code and offering some simple freebe to track ad effectiveness. that will be coming!

thanx!

Your ad was great.
I know who you are, where you are and what you have. I could paper a wall in FlisKit bags.
I don't know exactly what you intend on bringing to Whitakers, bring a bunch!!:) ha ha ha, we'll be ready and waiting!!!:p
Could you also bring a bunch of snacks, fruits, etc. I may need something to eat but I won't have any money.
Randy
:D

Back