Sport Rocketry March/April 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
Has anyone received their March/April 2010 issue of Sport Rocketry?

It was suppose to mail on March 1st and I have the 1st Class postage option. It should have arrived by now.

I got mine yesterday.

Have to admit though, for the upcoming year I dropped the first-class postage. So probably next cycle, I'll be a month behind everyone else.

It worked. ;)

I knew that if I made a public posting about the March/April 2010 issue of Sport Rocketry it would arrive.

...And it did. :D

Haven't gotten mine yet..But I expect it to be here some time next week,,,

My copy has yet to arrive. Sent in photos and a feature story, but close to the deadline, so not likely published. No word on whether it will be.
:confused2:

It worked. ;)

I knew that if I made a public posting about the March/April 2010 issue of Sport Rocketry it would arrive.

...And it did. :D

That's funny. i made a comment in another thread about having only received one promotional item from the NAR 52 for 52 deal, and the next day I had an email confirming shipping on something I didn't order. I'm assuming it's one of the items that had yet to arrive.

My issue arrived Friday and my membership book arrived Monday. Gotta find time to look over those coupons.....

That 40 % off coupon for Quest might be a good place to start, Shread!

Got my new Guidebook yesterday. (Thanks - I wasn't expecting it until after I renewed later this year.) Still waiting for my SR. I had problems with the delivery of the last issue, too. This is either the 3rd or 4th Guidebook that I have received, and I have never used the coupons. That is going to change with this one, though.

MarkII

Last edited:
I usually get my SpRocketry a week or
two late once our mail carrier has done
reading it...

Im a new member to NAR and i got my member handbook today. Will i also get a copy of Sport Rocketry?

Chris -

You should.

Mine just arrived today. The Member Handbook came last Saturday, IIRC.

You know, I have to admit . . . SR is one of the better magazines I read. Thanks NAR!

Still no sign of my March/April SR issue, either.

Mark K.

Am I the only one a little concerned about the article on overbuilding the low-power modroc?

I know that many of you guys think it's just fine to build high-power birds that way (and I'm not trying to open that up for argument) but I am not happy to see this stuff creeping into the area of low-power. Just because you don't like the occasional crunch is not (IMHO) sufficient reason to turn a model rocket into a reinforced fiberglass monster. Model rockets are supposed to crunch when you have an accident. You are supposed to learn how to select, load, and secure motors to avoid accidents, and to properly load a recovery system to avoid accidents. Model rockets are specifically supposed to be built from materials that will crush if it hits anyone/anything. It's in the safety code, for cryin' out loud.

Or am I the only one who noticed this?

No!

I was actually ok with the article until he got to wrapping three layers of 2oz. glass around a 1.3" tube. Might as well start allowing metal airframes or PVC pipe.

I generally don't get uptight when I see mods like this done(not that I agree with it), but to see it in print and the magazine advocating it made me cringe. I can believe Sport Rocketry/NAR felt this mod was worthy of anyone's time and money, (the safety thing will always be debated), and the best use of OUR valuable paper and ink. :bangpan:

Overall I was not at all impressed with this issue. I guess I've seen too much in the hobby. I am actually sick of tube finned rockets so 7 pages devoted to them was far too much in my opinion, I think the Estes Guardian is a pretty awful looking model. A full article on how to make it last forever is wasted on me. I know, its the only magazine of the NAR so I will keep renewing, but in this most recent case, I found the manufacturers advertisements the most interesting part. I wish they would start covering some of the smaller local meets.:(

I am waiting for the obligatory: "We can only print what you submit, so if you don't submit "good" plans, we'll print the bad ones we have. And we can't print coverage of local meets if the 'locals' don't send in the articles and photos."

I am waiting for the obligatory: "We can only print what you submit, so if you don't submit "good" plans, we'll print the bad ones we have. And we can't print coverage of local meets if the 'locals' don't send in the articles and photos."

My club president HAS submitted such articles and they have not been printed.

Back