Spiral Fillers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exprditer789

Reaction score
What should i use to fill the spirals on a Loc Precsion body tube??Alex:confused2:

What should i use to fill the spirals on a Loc Precsion body tube??Alex:confused2:

Auto body spot putty works well, sands easily.

Elmers light wood filler works, too -- takes longer to dry, but less stink.

-Kevin

:confused2:
Auto body spot putty works well, sands easily.

Elmers light wood filler works, too -- takes longer to dry, but less stink.

-Kevin
Will auto body spot putty work on body tubes?

they both work fine, tho bondo spot putty is designed to go on top of primer rather than under it.

I usually use some kind of wood filler than after the rocket is primed and sanded , if there are still some small imperfections I want to fill, I break out the spot putty.

they both work fine, tho bondo spot putty is designed to go on top of primer rather than under it.

I usually use some kind of wood filler than after the rocket is primed and sanded , if there are still some small imperfections I want to fill, I break out the spot putty.

This is how I do mine as well. I thin out my wood filler to a soupy consistency and brush it on the spirals. I save all of the promotional credit cards I receive in the mail and use those after primer and sanding to apply glazing putty where needed. I then wet sand over the glazing and primer.

Back