Speedweiser, King of Speed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, for 7°(exact angle) there is just a little thrust loss.. multiplied by 4
is less than 10°

something good for my ears, and my heart ;)

can you write all the math behind??
i have different numbers

OC = 900
CS = 129

cos = 6.97

and then??
eheheh, i forgot all the math i learned..
wiki helps alot, but can't solve everything

Assuming that all of the motors are canted 7 degrees, the inefficiency (eg: loss of thrust) would be .7% (7/10th of a percent). If you are looking at peak thrust, it would be reduced by that much (multiply peak thrust by .9925 for actual peak thrust (forward).

To get the new (actual forward) thrust curve you would have to integrate that across the actual motor thrust curve (probably not necessary, near as I can figure...)

The loss of thrust at 7 degrees is really very low. The *problem* comes if you have a mis fire.

If you have two motors angled at 7 degrees, but opposite each other (so that they are effectively pushing against each other) there is balance and the overall average thrust vector is UP. If, however, one of those motors doesn't light then you have an angled thrust that the model will have to be able to handle. The classic way to do this is to design such that the motor is angled through the models CG (not sure if this is possible in this design, but it may be).

Hope this helps more than confuses :)

jim

thanks Jim, that helps alot!

and without lose myself into uncomprensible numbers.... :D

and as you figured, angle the motor tubes to point to CG was not possible for this design, but, tubes points just a little ahead the CG, the lever arm is then very little..

thanks again!!!

the altimeter is arrived!!!!

a rocking RDAS from AED electronics

it is a very small altimeter, alot expandible with 900 or 433mhz transmitter, gps and also OSD...

i buyed a special 9A version to use it for airstart for any kind of igniter

it has 4 outputs and if wanted it has 6 analog imputs
it is 2axis accel!!

to connect it to a computer you don't need an external adapter, there is a small USB in the board

data sampling go from 50 to 200hz
also parachutes are arrived, but i were not at home yesterday and probably monday i can have it

chutes arrived!!!!!!!
they look awesome!!!!!!!!:jaw::jaw:

i'm still struggling with weight, and i have no energy to work on photos and add new pictures, sorry about that... i'll do all the photoshop work once recharged:caffeine:

today i planned to check the CG and weight with all the hardwere on, this is important because if the CG is not where i plannet it is to be, i have to put alot of weight in the cap

a couple of days before i done a quick test and it's camed out that to make it 2.5caliber stable i needed 6kg(13lb) or more of lead in the cap
i also redraw the rocket in rocksim and simulations shows different data

i hope i can solve all the problems quickly because the launch is the 19th of this month!!

cross the fingers:rolleyes:

2 days left
countdown is begun

I'm posting a photo of the speedweiser painted... this picture is been taked after espulsion tests
result of the test is that 5grams of BP are perfect for a separation with a good amount of smoke... ihihih
the 8.8Lb cap is landed 20ft far from the bottle pulling it for 4ft
this energy is enough to pull out the drogue and even the main in tha bag
last try the main isn't camed out, this time, before I trash all the work again, I use more BP to ensure a perfect deploy in ANY case

tonight I'll add labels

and I had confirmation for the motor!!!
an astonishing L1420R!!!! I can't wait to hear the ROOOOARRRRR

Foto0549.jpg

Foto0550B.jpg

Too bad you can't make it spout a good head of foam at ejection.

So, what happened?

I saw the pictures of the finished bottle, it sure looks awesome man!

What kept it on the ground anyway???

Hope not to hear anything bad baout it, sorry for askin!

mmm... nothing bad but my L2 again

peolple asked all day for the launch but because of the weak and short rail and the problem got to take L2, I couldnt see it fly, now the launch is planned in October in Swiss :D

and I save 20% for the reload!! no tax!!!:roll:

now i'm working on a 4"X120" 12lb dual deploy for the L2

no picture of the construction, I buildt it in a couple of weeks...
all glassed, supertough fins(I guess), eyecatching design :pop:, 54mm motor mount... I want it on a K590DT, one day :rolleyes:

Not Reachable.jpg

Glad to know it, I'm sorry for the L2 but you indeed saved some money :roll:

Better luck next time, are you gonna fly both the L2 and the Speedweiser at ALRS X?

I'm still pretty undecided about what to do...

Box, you missed some fantastic flights!!!:eyepop:

I did'nt launch anything, my bank account is 4600$ under... the bank cief told me "don't try to move even a dollar or I cut your legs!!"

I went to be just a spectator, the 10 M flights were fantastic!!!
the N powered Bavarian Blue did'nt impressed me too much... :confused2:
most of the M flights were L3 certifications so the projects were all quite simple

the arianne, saturn and centauri flight, anyway, were very very very spectacular!!!!!!:jaw::jaw:

about me, i'm gonna try next year with L2, and in spain or swiss i may launch the Speedweiser
I'm looking for sponsors!!!!!:rolleyes:

peolple asked all day for the launch but because of the weak and short rail and the problem got to take L2, I couldnt see it fly, now the launch is planned in October in Swiss :D

and I save 20% for the reload!! no tax!!!:roll:

now i'm working on a 4"X120" 12lb dual deploy for the L2

no picture of the construction, I buildt it in a couple of weeks...
all glassed, supertough fins(I guess), eyecatching design :pop:, 54mm motor mount... I want it on a K590DT, one day :rolleyes:

Cool design, Do you have a RockSim file for it?
If not, could you post the dimentions?
Thanks,
S.C.

Last edited:
course i have the rsim file, it's myne ;)
this is one of my designs..!!

if you're not hurry i can send you the file once i finish the rocket... it mean june or august 2010
otherwise i can shear the file with you for a reasonable price :D:D:D
send me a pm with your email

i'm quite jelous of my ideas, you may understand :cool:

i'm still looking for sponsors for the speedweiser flight(4xK250 + 1xL610 @ 7000ft)

It's been nearly two years since the last post. I wonder if this thing ever flew.

after a google search...the answer is yes and no. apparently the 'bottle' could not handle the thrust of the motor and the internal structure collapsed shortly after it started moving. so this bottle is no more.

Yes, that's correct, it flew but it collapsed suddenly after the launch... One and a half year of work gone in 15 seconds... Now I'm moved to another city so I had to stop all my activities.. Hope one day to rebuild that and successfully fly it. Bye and sorry for never updated the post...

Back