Sparkies and video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck,
I can't seem to get the moveis to work...any help? I'm on a PC, not a MAC, btw.

I forgot to mention that I also have QT...when I run them I just get a blank screen and no sound, but the little timing dot moves as if it was playing.

That happens to me when I need an update. Somewhere along the line a new compressor may have been put into play or there's a browser issue.

Go to this link and look for the three NEPRA files, if you download it and it works off your desktop it's a browser issue, if it doesn't work at all you may need an update.

Download page

Hope it helps

Chuck

At our Oktoberfest launch we had Doug Gerrard (very neat guy) come all the way from south of Albuqurque (Over 8 hours) to try out some AMW motors in his Cineroc.

His cineroc isn't any normal camera in the nosecone. He has an actual film camera that runs between 60 and 200 frames per second in the nosecone. He also has the same high speed film cameras on the ground. He came up to try out the AMW colored propellants and the skidmark.

Needless to say an M2200 Skidmark is a motor that makes you jump. Very impressive near dusk.

Later he treated us to a picture show of five or six launches that were amazing to see in slow motion.

Edward

Chuck,
Are you coming down to the MDRA Price launch 11-13&14?
I am planning on launching a 90% Harpoon on three 6000ns Sean M fast sparkies, these are the dark smoke fast, not the gray smoke slower ones. I want a couple diff people shooting this as I hope to get a real good video of it. If poss I want to shoot stills.

Tom

The plan is to make MDRA saturday the 13th and make a run up to METRA for EX on Sunday......that's the plan..... :)

Originally posted by THier
Chuck,
Are you coming down to the MDRA Price launch 11-13&14?
I am planning on launching a 90% Harpoon on three 6000ns Sean M fast sparkies, these are the dark smoke fast, not the gray smoke slower ones. I want a couple diff people shooting this as I hope to get a real good video of it. If poss I want to shoot stills.

Tom

That's going to be incredible! Sean's sparky propellant is sensational.

Tom

Are you planning on lobbing it on saturday? Midday? Dusk? Midnight? ;-)

How heavy is the beast gonna be?

Chuck

Originally posted by Chuck Rudy
Tom

Are you planning on lobbing it on saturday? Midday? Dusk? Midnight? ;-)

How heavy is the beast gonna be?

Chuck

It will have to be saturday, prob. pretty early, the problem I have is I am ruled by a four year old and a seven month old. I would like to do it late but that just won't be possible. I hope to have everthing ready to go so it will just need final checks and assembly. Of course all this is planned, and you know what that means,,, nothing will work that way. This is around 85lbs for the airframe only,,,, on the pad somewherearound 150.

Sean, unless something bad happens you might want to feel a sniffle, or maybe a plague coming on and call in sick. The cure could be found on the eastern shore. Oh yea, Dave and I mixed the other motors, and they weren't pourable either. so it must be the chems that are different.??????

Tom

Oh yea,
I will try to get Jerry O to post it on his site,,, I'm sure I won't need to twist his arm too much.
36_2_15.gif

Tom

I will definitley attempt to be there before starting time....if you get word you'll go way before the normal setup time let me know, I'll get there earlier. Here's hoping for a short bit of heavy overcast. ;-)

Chuck

Chuck, check the METRA website for the status of that launch (11/14). Can't say yay or nay for now but it is still scheduled...

Back