SpaceX's Crew Dragon Capsule Name

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Tremor"s sold out on Amazon already :rolleyes:
I asked Walmart to email me when they get them back in stock... if ever. I want a reasonably priced and accurate plastic or die-cast model of the Crew Dragon final version. Haven't found one. Maybe with time.

The astronauts have named the capsule Endeavour, in honor of the retired orbiter. Just learned that today!

I'd have named it "Molson", both because of the Bob and Doug connection, and because I'm Canadian and very well remember the McKenzie brothers back in the day.

I'd have named it "Molson", both because of the Bob and Doug connection, and because I'm Canadian and very well remember the McKenzie brothers back in the day.
In that case, shouldn't it be Two Four?

Screen-Shot-2016-06-28-at-2.55.28-PM.png

I'm thinking not Mushtang, but we did call our cases Two Fours. In fact, the first Canadian long weekend spring holiday was known to us as the "May Two Four Weekend". Not always on that exact date, but close. It's hard to be sure, but it looks like the case in your photo is a beer made in Holland. The McKenzie Brothers videos always had Molson Canadian cases in them.

I'm thinking not Mushtang, but we did call our cases Two Fours. In fact, the first Canadian long weekend spring holiday was known to us as the "May Two Four Weekend". Not always on that exact date, but close. It's hard to be sure, but it looks like the case in your photo is a beer made in Holland. The McKenzie Brothers videos always had Molson Canadian cases in them.
Oh, well I was just going on their Great White North album. I'm not Canadian and had to look up (years ago) what the heck "two four" even meant and I guess I got it wrong.

In their song Twelve Days of Christmas the lyric on day 6 says, "Six packs of Two-Four", but I had no idea what it was. So I thought it was a brand of beer. The image was just me doing a Google image search for "Two Four".

So a Two Four isn't a brand, it's a way of putting beer in a case?

I'd go with Peregrine. Obvious references to the Falcon 9, but also means "wandering" particularly in the sense of a long journey. They can call it Pippin for short for the obligatory nerd references.
YES! Obviously it's too late, but this is what it should have been. It's brilliant and perfect, Mr. Geek (or may I call you Boat?) Maybe the next one.

YES! Obviously it's too late, but this is what it should have been. It's brilliant and perfect, Mr. Geek (or may I call you Boat?) Maybe the next one.

You can call me anything you like as long as you don’t call me late for dinner.:D

Endeavor is a good name given the astronauts’ history with the shuttle.

Oh, well I was just going on their Great White North album. I'm not Canadian and had to look up (years ago) what the heck "two four" even meant and I guess I got it wrong.

In their song Twelve Days of Christmas the lyric on day 6 says, "Six packs of Two-Four", but I had no idea what it was. So I thought it was a brand of beer. The image was just me doing a Google image search for "Two Four".

So a Two Four isn't a brand, it's a way of putting beer in a case?

It's easy to understand your confusion. Heck, Canada can't even figure out the proper month in which to celebrate Thanksgiving!

You're exactly right. We called them two fours since there were 24 bottles or cans to a case. Not at all creative, but that the name we used. May 24 is the Queen of England's birthday, and being a British Colony, Canada celebrated that day and we all got a paid holiday, the first of the almost-summer season. The actual holiday was the 4th Monday in May, if my memory is right, so it rarely fell on the true 24th but we didn't really care. We young ones (back then, not so much anymore) would get our friends together and go camping north of Toronto, bringing many two fours along...was a ton o' fun back in the day.
The connection between the 24 bottles and the Queen's birthday is what gave birth to the "May Two Four Weekend" moniker.
Confusing eh?

In the unfortunate event of her passing, will the holiday change when a new monarch comes into the picture?

I'd not thought of that...
Although I'm, I'm now a permanent US resident through the green card process, so I personally wouldn't really care if it remains the same or if it was changed. I suspect that my friends still living in Canada couldn't care much either as long as they continued to get a paid holiday! My best guess is that it will remain as May 24 for the sake of the very long-standing tradition of Canada's relationship with England, and also I feel very importantly for the fact that the "May Two Four" weekend term is so deeply instilled in all of Canadians. I'll keep wondering.
Thanks for making me think about this...

I'd not thought of that...
Although I'm, I'm now a permanent US resident through the green card process, so I personally wouldn't really care if it remains the same or if it was changed. I suspect that my friends still living in Canada couldn't care much either as long as they continued to get a paid holiday! My best guess is that it will remain as May 24 for the sake of the very long-standing tradition of Canada's relationship with England, and also I feel very importantly for the fact that the "May Two Four" weekend term is so deeply instilled in all of Canadians. I'll keep wondering.
Thanks for making me think about this...
If I was in charge, I’d be tempted to hold the holiday as it is now after QE2 passes. I don’t think that Charles would command the same loyalty and respect as a monarch. Maybe rename it, but keep the same day.

Back