SpaceX Falcon 9 OR Sim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I had posted a couple years ago about a Falcon Heavy OR Sim. I have since decided it is probably best if I build the Falcon 9 first and get the 2 stage part working and put provisions for the booster attachment in it while I do it. So I have opened the original file in V15.0.3 and removed any references to the boosters. I have a problem with the flight sim. I am getting several errors when I hover over the !. Also the plot shows that both the booster and sustainer motors are lit at launch. I have checked both the motor ignition and parachute settings and it all looks good. What am I missing?

Attachments

• SpaceX Falcon Heavy - 3 inch - 2 Stage F9 Only.ork
    3.6 KB · Views: 8
Since you got a Proton in the booster, where are the servo-actuated landing legs?

The proton is there on the booster for servos to release the boosters when I do the complete Falcon Heavy. The sustainer proton is there to control ignition of the sustainer motor. Of course that is overkill since I only need one extra output for the motor ignition.

Does anyone have any help for me on why the flight sim has both motors igniting at launch as well as the errors?

I took a look at it and couldn't tell what was going on. Someone reported a similar error in the past but I can't remember what the solution was. If I dig it up I'll report back, unless someone else gets it first.

There is a bit of known squirreliness with OR15.03 and mult-stage operation, with regard to spurious warnings, but not yet sure about this one.

You have the sustainer motor set to ignite at "Automatic (launch or ejection charge)"... you need to set it to "First burnout of previous stage" plus whatever delays you will incur for separation and the motor igniting. Generally 2 seconds works.

Maybe you can use "switchblade" fins that pop out when you separate. I was going to do that on my two-stage Estes Saturn V conversion... that I never got around to doing.

Latest posts

Back