SpaceX Falcon 9 Kit.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickGr4

Reaction score
Last weekend I attended a Tripoli launch in North Branch, MN. It opened my eyes to many thing in regards to rocketry. I decided to become a NAR member and I plan to attend as many Tripoli launches as my schedule allows. My family and friends are very interested as well.

While at the launch last weekend, I noticed a member who launched a modest sized rocket kit that I had not seen before. It was a replica of the SpaceX Falcon 9. I asked the member where he bought the kit from and he said it was available at the SpaceX store. He felt the kit fell into the E2X category.

I ordered one and it arrived yesterday. It appears to be vastly higher quality than the typical Estes or Quest E2X kit. It uses D and small E engines. The instructions are MUCH better than Estes or Quest.

I am going to assemble it tomorrow and I hope to fly it on Tuesday.

Yes the instructions are very nice. When you build it, make sure the chute can get pulled out easily on ejection. It can get stuck up in the nose cone and not deploy. This has happened to me twice so far. Otherwise, a nice albeit heavy kit. Great liftoffs on D12s.

Yes the instructions are very nice. When you build it, make sure the chute can get pulled out easily on ejection. It can get stuck up in the nose cone and not deploy. This has happened to me twice so far. Otherwise, a nice albeit heavy kit. Great liftoffs on D12s.
I am having this problem with the F9 model. Any tips to solve? We are 0/4 in chute deployment. Minor repairs made, not sure how many more impacts the fins can take.

How do you powder the chute? Just sprinkle some talcum powder where the chute would come in contact with the tube?

Back