SpaceX Falcon 9 historic landing thread (1st landing attempt & most recent missions)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't this the exact same stream Spig just posted.....?

And should there be a new thread for Raptor/Starship developments anyway? This one's a tad overloaded

Checking igniters. Looking at launching same time tomorrow currently.

Finicky igniter. Lol! It sounds so familiar!

Did the LCO double-check that the right pad is selected? Did he mash the button extra hard and extra long? Is the continuity light still on? Did anyone see a puff of smoke? Give it a minute and then send Elon out to the pad with one of the special dipped igniters, and make sure it’s inserted all the way to the top of the grain!

Maybe not enough voltage going to the igniter. I would recommend a quick dip in CA and then right into 4F and you should be good to go.

Was it a cluster? If so, a relay system may be needed. And fresh 12V batteries.

A couple of really interesting things (at least to me). I was a little surprised at how much movement they had on the thrust vectoring control. They also appeared to do the last bit of throttling down by cutting way back on oxygen, making the flame go yellow with incomplete combustion.

I tried to post a link that starts 10 seconds before the test but the site reformats the data. Scrub to about 31:00 minutes in:

Tony

Back