Spaceport Camden (Georgia)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Antares JS

Professional Amateur
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have not heard of anyone who is actually interested in launching from there. The only launch from Camden so far was some kind of test flight for the now-defunct Vector Space Systems that flew to an altitude that our own HPR guys would easily be able to beat.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have not heard of anyone who is actually interested in launching from there. The only launch from Camden so far was some kind of test flight for the now-defunct Vector Space Systems that flew to an altitude that our own HPR guys would easily be able to beat.

They gotta start somewhere.

RoyAtl

Reaction score
It is still pie-in-the-sky at this point. They've still got local opposition to deal with just to get basic approval. The website is a good fantasy view.

TigerHawk

Reliving the good ole days
Reaction score
It is still pie-in-the-sky at this point. They've still got local opposition to deal with just to get basic approval. The website is a good fantasy view.
They’ve gotten some approvals so far, but I doubt if they make it through the environmental impact study, especially since the National Park Service is involved.

TigerHawk

Reliving the good ole days
Reaction score
They’re still working on it and I applaud them.

Latest posts