Space X loses facebook satellite today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrwrxz

latest photo
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Sad but true. You can google your favourite media sources. Looks like a static discharge while tanking the LO2 tank, but that's just my semi-unprofessional opinion. I know they will bounce back stronger and better than before. My money is on these guys in the long run. Ad Astra, Elon!

Sad but true. You can google your favourite media sources. Looks like a static discharge while tanking the LO2 tank, but that's just my semi-unprofessional opinion. I know they will bounce back stronger and better than before. My money is on these guys in the long run. Ad Astra, Elon!

Fairly extensive discussion about this taking place on the large Falcon 9 thread there in the watering hole. On the last two pages as of tonight:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...1st-landing-attempt-amp-most-recent-missions)

And it wasn't Facebook's satellite, it just one that they were going to rent time on. It belonged to an Israeli communications company. Although, to listen to Zuckerberg spout on about it, you'd think he owned it. He's just pissed that he'll have to delay collecting data on and selling adverts to all those folks in Africa.

[video=youtube;V8XTpCwicwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XTpCwicwE[/video]

Blackbrandt - Every time one of your rockets crashes, I guess someone should "Wah-wah-wah" rub it in, right?

I do not use Facebook so that I do not care for Facebook satellite:) Too bad for the rocket. Always sad to see burning rocket.

Blackbrandt - Every time one of your rockets crashes, I guess someone should "Wah-wah-wah" rub it in, right?

Actually I've only had 2 crashes ever. :) And trust me it got rubbed in my face for a while after each one. XD

Actually I've only had 2 crashes ever. :)
If this little number annoys, start making your own rockets and engines and own parts and you will quickly increase it :)I have a 30% crashes. The last 2 starts too :)But as seen in the shuttle, in russian Soyuz in large number starts always happens accident. Saturn V if he had had more starts would also explode sometime.Chemical rocket is not a car.
In fact Soyuz exploded on the launch pad in the 80s. But the emergency worked and capsule with the crew was rescued.Musk should consider such a system. these are the engines of solid fuel.For particularly expensive satellites think that such a system should be compulsory.Far more important than landing a first stage. if this satellite cost $ 200 million and Falcon 9 cost 70 million that's 270 million loss. If there was an emergency system load loss would be only 70 million.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;UyFF4cpMVag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFF4cpMVag[/video]
Wath at 35 s.
I do not know whether such a system is possible for cargo rocket. But especially for expensive satellites think it is financially justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back