Space Shot

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dataless

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if there is any possibility of a large 2 1/2 stage sucrose and potassium nitrate PVC or Aluminum Casing reaching the Karman line or anywhere near it. Using an arduino guidance system. How large would it have to be and is it practically possible if not what needs to change, hybrid fuel, black powder fuel. Amature rockets have been to to space before what is the feasibility of this reaching space? Thank you for any help given!

You might be interested in these guys:

https://www.facebook.com/Sugarshottospace/

user HighDesertRocketry on this forum is one of the guys behind this

Note- they've been working on this for several years now, and are getting closer, but haven't been successful yet.

Not sure your background, but you're talking a multi year, very expensive project. If I remember correctly, the GoFast rocket (first amateur rocket to reach space) cost more than $100k. They were using APCP.

Welcome to the forum. Your screen-name is hilarious!

This place alone probably won't get you to space, but you can pick up tips, software tools, and infinite amounts of unsolicited advice that may help out.

Thank you everyone for your input. This will probably be an ongoing project and I might never achieve my goal but at least it is something to work toward and get closer and closer. I think I read about a high school team who put a rocket on a weather balloon launched it at a high altitude and reached space. Am I mistaken or does anyone have more details?

Thank you everyone for your input. This will probably be an ongoing project and I might never achieve my goal but at least it is something to work toward and get closer and closer. I think I read about a high school team who put a rocket on a weather balloon launched it at a high altitude and reached space. Am I mistaken or does anyone have more details?
Rockoon, hard to launch well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H-AcSucRBbw

That is a college team. I don’t know of any high school teams that succeeded, but there was at least one that approached the forum for help on a rocket on design.

Back