Space Minnow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Very cool looking design. Could make a great scale or semi-scale rocket.

Blast off: space minnow Indonesia eyes celestial success
3 Mar 2020

https://phys.org/news/2020-03-blast-space-minnow-indonesia-eyes.html

Workers snap the miniature rocket's wings into place as Indonesia's little-known space agency readies its latest launch on barren scrubland in East Java.

With a 3,2,1 blast off, the two-metre-long projectile belches a trail of fire and then soars a few hundred metres before crashing in a heap—earning a thumbs up from scientists who declared the test a success.

thereisresur.jpg

itsaverylong.jpg

indonesiaisn.jpg

2020_03_03_88093_1583203170._large.jpg

Cool... thanks for posting this.

I'm spit-balling here, but I guess NAR and Tripoli aren't part of the codes they are designing / building to?

Looks more like a target drone than a space vehicle. Maybe they are designing a SAM system and need their own drones to test it.

Either way, neat design for a low altitude boost glider.

Impressive for a solo HPR modeler.
Not impressive for a government sponsored "space agency".
Not to be Snark-y but the US flew full size nuclear capable cruise missiles in the late 40s/early 50s with 1000 km range.
Here's a Matador
Patrick_Air_Force_Base_-_MGM-1_Matador_Cruise_Missile.jpg

See that little scoop in front of the vertical stab, that is an air intake. I would guess a small turbine in the tail with rocket assist for take off.

Sorry, don't understand the duplicated image. Strange behaviors on this forum, that's for sure...

Back