Space Age Hotel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what year this was taken, but this is one of the hotels by Disneyland. I pulled the picture off a FB group that I'm a member of. "You know you grew up in Anaheim if...." they post old photos of the city and buildings and how things have changed so many years ago...thought this would get a good chuckle.

Attachments

• Space Age.jpg
    Space Age.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 63
When I was in 2nd to 4th grade it was1963 to 1965. I remember they tested the air raid siren on Sundays at noon. The school had a bomb shelter in the basement. We would periodically have air raid drills and all go to the basement. Each class had a space that was walled off. On the back wall was Snow White and the seven Dwarfs. Strange the things you remember.

When I was in 2nd to 4th grade it was1963 to 1965. I remember they tested the air raid siren on Sundays at noon. The school had a bomb shelter in the basement. We would periodically have air raid drills and all go to the basement. Each class had a space that was walled off. On the back wall was Snow White and the seven Dwarfs. Strange the things you remember.

I suppose that's what this video is all about:

I have a vague memory of that film. I remember going into the school basement a few times and hiding under the desk a few times. This time frame we were in Detroit. The summer of 1965 we moved out to the country and that was the end of air raid drills.

Latest posts

Back