Soyuz 1/25... why not ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets continue with painting , booster orange section.CIMG0695.JPG

Main body detail after grey paint
CIMG0909bis.jpg
Somo more work about parachute anchorageCIMG0768.JPG

As you can see there is a baffle at shock cord anchorage base. This will minimize the effect of hot ejection gasses against the parachute.

Here the section.Baffle.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Neil ! Thanks

No I simply enjoy the challenge of doing a scale of this size :)

I have always liked this rocket . One of these days i will scratch one

Looks like you have made some fantastic progress! Are you planning to use the same ignition technique as the 1/50 scale model?

Looks like you have made some fantastic progress! Are you planning to use the same ignition technique as the 1/50 scale model?

Ciao Wrad!
Good point.
About ignition I'm thinking to use the Klima system.
I did several launches of my models using that and I have a quite good practices now.
Klima system has some pro and cons. But spyder too.
Klima has like cons that the engine ignition is not 100% symultaneous. The flame is moved along the black power tape so this gives some small differences. The pro is that it is very reliable. So far I had no one single failure.
I saw launches with more that 40 engines and it works well.
You can turn as pro the time difference if you instead want to manage some differences of ignition time for purpose.
Spider has like cons the fact that the system launches a lot of gasses against the engines. This ususally makes a little jump up of the rocket before the engines are at full thrust. This is omething I would like to avoid.
The pro is that the ignition is symultaneous.
I have some doubts about the spider in this case it will have to be quite big. The surface under pressure is large.
The load it has to resist is high. Then the volume of the combustion chamber is significantly large.
This means that the hot gasses will have to push out some cold one before reaching the ejection nozzle.
So in this moment I'm more in favour of the Klima. But I'll do some tests before deciding.
When I did the Soyuz 1/50 the spyder was the only possible solution. I did several ground test to calibrate the powder quantity and once it was ok I built a rocket with a cluster of 5 engines to make the final testing in real conditions.
So I'll do some tests before deciding.

The 1st stage is ready. You can see the boosters stops on top of the vernier thrusters coverage.
CIMG0772.JPG

Are those from the large decal file I sent you, via Dropbox ?

They look great !

Dave F.

Hi Dave, yes I used most of them. You'll see in the next pictures
Thanks again for the help!

Last edited:
Back