Southeast NC checking in...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaaero

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I been lurking an searching a while trying to learn all i can. I"ve built a few estes, favs so far have been a cherokee D and the star orbiter. just finishing up an aerotech G-force, and i did a apogee Aspire. I have a zephyr an a zephyr jr under the tree... i can"t wait. I flew estes as a kid an again when about 30, i am now 64 an likely will enjoy building, as much or more than flying. I"ll be going to Bayboro for the first time to watch this weekend... pretty excited about that. Anyway, Thanks for having me, maybe i can learn enough to get my L1 next spring. David

Hello everyone,
I been lurking an searching a while trying to learn all i can. I"ve built a few estes, favs so far have been a cherokee D and the star orbiter. just finishing up an aerotech G-force, and i did a apogee Aspire. I have a zephyr an a zephyr jr under the tree... i can"t wait. I flew estes as a kid an again when about 30, i am now 64 an likely will enjoy building, as much or more than flying. I"ll be going to Bayboro for the first time to watch this weekend... pretty excited about that. Anyway, Thanks for having me, maybe i can learn enough to get my L1 next spring. David
Boy, you weren't kidding about the East part! I have never been to Bayboro, but have always heard good things. I fly with ROCC and ROSCO/ICBM mostly and those are a bit of a trek from your neck of the woods, but both groups have a great group of people and I'm sure you'll be welcome if you ever make it out this way. I really do need to see Bayboro at some point.

Welcome to the forum!

Sandy.

Welcome!

If you can get a couple of successful G flights on that Zephyr, find its stability margin, and talk the safety check officer through your logic in selecting your certification motor, you’re probably ready for L1.

You'll love Bayboro, that's one field that I launch from as often as possible (won't make it this weekend, though, holiday preps take priority with the family this weekend).

Great folks, simply awesome field( 5 square MILES free of trees) and more than a few BAR BARs like yourself are often in attendance!

Back