Sourcing E class rocket motors in the UK

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyLaunchRockets

Reaction score
Does anyone know anywhere I can buy E class rocket motor in the UK or where I can buy from that will ship to the UK, not found anywhere that will do it.

Does anyone know anywhere I can buy E class rocket motor in the UK or where I can buy from that will ship to the UK, not found anywhere that will do it.

Estes E motors were never approved for use in the UK. You can buy E impulse AP motors at club launches here from Rockets & Things (Cesaroni) and Wizard Rockets (Aerotech). Both are vendors at UK clubs and regularly attend launches and have websites. Give Malcolm (R&T) or Stuart (Wizard) a call.

I'm not sure what you're goal is but this might help. When I started rocketry the largest 18mm motor you could buy was an Estes B motor. As far as we knew this was the largest that was manufactured anywhere although later we found 21mm C motors sold by RDC. So if we wanted to build larger rockets we use clusters- I had an Estes Ranger that used 3 18mm motors. (Or if we wanted higher altitude we had to use multiple stages.)
Today it can be problematic some places to get composite motors. I have launched Estes E12 motors but there are limitations on what you can launch with one. I've decided that for rockets slightly larger than my current rockets aimed at D motors, I will build rockets to use a pair of D12 motors. A pair of D12 seems to have better performance in every way than a single E12 and they are easy to find. I've seen people launch rockets with 7-motor clusters to I suppose a person could build a rocket with 7 D12 motors. I should add- in the US if you start clustering 24mm black powder motors you can pretty quickly get into high power category that requires NAR or Tripoli certifcation.

Latest posts

Back