Sources for SMALL Tubular Nylon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Juerg

Reaction score
Does anybody know manufacturers/sources for small (>9/16") tubular nylon.
Thanks for your help

Juerg

eugenefl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
<a href="https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3156971397&category=2567">eBay Tubular Nylon Spool</a>

Juerg, there's more 9/16" tubular nylon here than you'll ever know what to do with. I purchased one of these spools about a year ago and have given a lot of it away to friends for their projects. The dang thing looks like I never even touched it.

cls

Reaction score
funny, just today I made a trip to REI. they have 9/16" "man rated" tubular nylon webbing for climbing. there are both "mil-spec" (6 kN) and "climbing rated" (11 kN), and both are $0.22 per foot! (kN is kilo-Newtons, the breaking strength.)

you might find the same stuff in another real outdoors type store. not sure about Any Mountain, but definitely not in Big 5 or any of those types of places.

West Marine carries 1" nylon webbing but it is rated 3600# and "not for jack lines" which means not man-rated. I suspect the webbing at JoAnn Fabric stores is the same stuff or might even be polypropylene.

Juerg

Reaction score
Ooops, silly me, sorry, I should have written tubular nylon <9/16" (smaller than 9/16).
I do buy 9/16 and up from the factory but could not find the small stuff...

Juerg

Juerg

Reaction score
Thanks Bruce

Looks like I'll have to contact Red Arrow. Looking at the fact that I am serving a different market they might be ready to either tell me the source or sell it on the spool.

Cheers

Juerg

mkmilion

Reaction score
Estes actually has tubular nylon. It comes with the Blurz Rocket Car Sets. It is used as the teather line.