Source for modelling clay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Blatz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello-

I have a FakeWulf that's gonna need some clay. Best source/type? Is there something I can buy at Walmart that will work?

I have a FakeWulf that's gonna need some clay. Best source/type? Is there something I can buy at Walmart that will work?

Hobby Lobby and Michael's are the two sources that come immediately to mind.

-Kevin

Look for it in the Kids' Crafts aisle at Walmart. I bought an 8 oz. cake of Kleen Klay non-hardening modeling clay in 2005 for $0.99. I still have 5.5 oz. in the package. ;)

MK

I've seen clay in the school supply section of Walmart. Seem to remember a Crayola packageing.

Walmart does have clay. Fairly inexpensive. Of course you can always go to an art specialty store and buy a ten pound brick of it. ;)

Look for it in the Kids' Crafts aisle at Walmart. I bought an 8 oz. cake of Kleen Klay non-hardening modeling clay in 2005 for $0.99. I still have 5.5 oz. in the package.

The stuff I bought was about that price. It was Rose-Art brand, and the clay was in the form of a stack of "worms" of all sorts of bright colors

Hey, clay is pretty much clay, and a big pkg of 99cent clay works as well as fancy stuff.

Another ballast weight I found recently is a pkg of thin lead tape. I saw it hanging in the tennis section of Academy (my son is big into tennis). The lead is a few hundredths thick, about a half inch wide, and several feet (I think; I haven't opened the pkg yet) long. Might be handy sometimes?

I know you probably need the clay right now -
But every Summer when school supplies go on sale, you can pick up 12 oz. Rose Art Clay packages at Michael's for $1.00 each. There is four different primary rectangles of clay.

Thanks everyone. Much as it pains me to do so, I will go to Walmart today and look where suggested. There is no hobby store here in Tumbleweed, but I guess it's that way a lot of places.

I bought modeling clay at one of the local "dollar stores". I have seen it at several others.

Back