Source for launch tower

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkII

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a commercial source for launch towers? I have some lug-less designs that I want to fly, but I don't want to hassle with designing, sourcing the parts, constructing, testing, debugging, reconstructing, etc. my own adjustable tower. Finding a ready-made one would just simplify my life. Otherwise, can anyone point me to a set of plans for an easy and cheap to construct tower that doesn't require a machine shop full of precision power tools to build? The only power tools in my shop are a power drill, a Dremel and a circular saw. I do 95% of my building with simple hand tools. Thanks in advance.

MarkII

Giant Leap sells one. I think they come in a standard or "long" version. Kind of pricey, but they look extremely well made.

Wow, thanks. I have visited their site many times, but I never noticed the towers. These are a bit more heavy duty than what I was looking for, but they could be useful down the road for me. They look nice! For what they are, I don't think that the price is too out of line, but I have nothing to compare it to. I was interested for now in finding a competition-style launch tower, although I wouldn't necessarily use it in competition. Someone once mentioned to me that BMS used to make one?

MarkII

Mark:
They really aren't all that hard to constuct, but sometimes finding decent rail materials is the hardest part. I bought my rails many years back, don't evern remember the guys name but he offered a camera tripod mounted tower with these rails. I liked the look of the 3/8" x 1/2" x .050" aluminum channel rails but wasn't impressed with the tower so I wrote the guy and ask if I could purchase 6 of the rail sets. From there is was a simple PVC coupling, some 3/8" alum tube, legs and hardware away.
I've used it ever since.

Back