Source for Kevlar cord?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
Hi All,

This may not be the correct forum, but does anybody know of a source for inexpensive Kevlar cord?

Jim

I get it from Russ at thread exchange, lifetime supply on one spool

I've purchased mine from BRS Hobbies on a couple of occasions and am planning to do so again in the very near future.

Who are you flying with in NorCal, Jim? LuNAR?

Pratt Hobbies' tubular and microbraid Kevlar can't be beat. Commonwealth Displays also has this type of Kevlar, and it is highly recommended. And add a vote from me for the twisted Kevlar from BRS Hobbies as well.

MarkII

I've purchased mine from BRS Hobbies on a couple of occasions and am planning to do so again in the very near future.

Who are you flying with in NorCal, Jim? LuNAR?

Actually, I'll be at the LUNAR launch at Snow Ranch this coming Saturday. Will you be there?

Thanks for the replies, everyone. What a helpful group of people! I ordered some Nomex chute bags from Pratt, and some Kevlar cord from Thread Exchange.

Actually, I'll be at the LUNAR launch at Snow Ranch this coming Saturday. Will you be there?

I've got a scheduling conflict for this one but will be flying with the 4-H group up here in the Big Tomato on the following Saturday.

Hope to make the March edition of the Snow Ranch gathering. I'm easy to spot on the field. My avatar is the hat I normally wear. :D

I've got a scheduling conflict for this one but will be flying with the 4-H group up here in the Big Tomato on the following Saturday.

Hope to make the March edition of the Snow Ranch gathering. I'm easy to spot on the field. My avatar is the hat I normally wear. :D

Where does the 4-H group fly?

The 4-H group has an agreement with an aviation-oriented landowner that permits them to fly off his property. The field is located between Highway 99 and Elverta just north of Elverta Road.

From 50,000 feet, it looks like 7 miles north of Sacramento and 5 miles east of the Sacramento airport.

The field is basically a private airport with a few buildings and a packed dirt runway surrounded by grass and grazing land.

The 4-H group has an agreement with an aviation-oriented landowner that permits them to fly off his property. The field is located between Highway 99 and Elverta just north of Elverta Road.

From 50,000 feet, it looks like 7 miles north of Sacramento and 5 miles east of the Sacramento airport.

The field is basically a private airport with a few buildings and a packed dirt runway surrounded by grass and grazing land.

Yes, I've heard of that place. Mike (I think) from Quasar One and I emailed back and forth a few times last year, and he told me that he and some buddies of his launch there sometimes. Do you think the owner would let the new SARG club launch there?

Yes, I've heard of that place. Mike (I think) from Quasar One and I emailed back and forth a few times last year, and he told me that he and some buddies of his launch there sometimes. Do you think the owner would let the new SARG club launch there?

You know, I thought that SARG was going to launch there on an ongoing basis but from the website it looks like they're now looking for a site of their own. I missed the last two "sorta monthly" SARG meetings so I don't know what happened in the interim. If you want to check with the 4-H group, PM me and I will provide you with the contact information for their sparkplug, Gary Robbins.

The 4-H group launches seem to have an equal number of kids and adults shooting off rockets or maybe slightly more adults now that I think about it.

Have you tried any of Mike's kits yet? He makes first rate stuff and I buy a lot of his parts at the local hobby shop (RC Country Hobbies). I've got my eye on the "Thundering Skies" and would like to do it up like his original prototype "October Skies".

Back