Source for 29MM fly-away rail guides

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Blatz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I think I need to build the new silly So Long kit from Estes. Any ideas where a man could buy some fly away rail guides for it?

The Apogee guide I bought turned out to be unusuable garbage. The laser cutting was imprecise and far too energetic and had burned some of the flanges that fit in the rail so thin they crumbled coming out of the plank. I took some measurements with a mind to having a similar guide laser cut, but I've not followed up on that. I'll probably go the 3D printed route once I get my Prusa up and running.

Edit to add: the Apogee guide was also too loose to work on Apogee's own thin-walled tubing, which is what I'm working with. It might work fine on the thicker-walled tubing Estes are using for the So Long.

Someone makes/made 3d printed ones, as I have one. So when I find out what they are, I’ll add another post here.

Edit: Mayhem Rocketry, but looks like they haven’t been around in a while. Maybe make a post in the yard sale section!

Last edited:
Back