source for 085697 streamers (Estes brand) ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S.

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for Estes streamers 085697 ?

Maybe I am missing the obvious, but I am not finding those available. Streamers part number 085697 are the ones that come with an estes Goblin kit.

I was hoping to just get more of the same ones that came with the kit to replace one that got singed.

Are they the same kind as come with the Viking? If so, I am with @dpower on this one, the plastic flagging tape is the same stuff, and last time I got some from Lowes was dirt cheap and I have a lifetime supply. Then again, that was about a decade ago….

Anyone use the non-textured stuff? It's printed in color combos that are both interesting and might aid in even greater visibility in the air and on the ground. But it appears to be smooth, so maybe it wouldn't flutter as well? Or maybe you could pack more inches of it in a small diameter tube?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777K9PQT
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07786Q27F/
Also, shop around. If you're not picky on color, the solid color stuff can be had for $1.49/roll.

The ones included with the Goblin kits are 2 inches wide by 36 inches long. 99% of them on Amazon and elsewhere are 1", 1-3/16, or 3 inches wide.

However if you look around there are a couple places that sell the 2 inch wide stuff. 3 inch wide streamers probably won't fit into the Goblin tube, but the 2 inches ones are just right.

The ones included with the Goblin kits are 2 inches wide by 36 inches long. 99% of them on Amazon and elsewhere are 1", 1-3/16, or 3 inches wide.

However if you look around there are a couple places that sell the 2 inch wide stuff. 3 inch wide streamers probably won't fit into the Goblin tube, but the 2 inches ones are just right.
12-inch chutes are better 🫠

Semroc Goblin uses two 2 1/2" X 18"(ish) mylar streamers.
Packs easily into the body tube.

Thanks for the link to the Flagging tape, I liked the Flash tape but thinking of adding a second bright orange streamer. I hate Parachutes with a passion.

Does anyone know of a source for Estes streamers 085697 ?

Maybe I am missing the obvious, but I am not finding those available. Streamers part number 085697 are the ones that come with an estes Goblin kit.

I was hoping to just get more of the same ones that came with the kit to replace one that got singed.
I would checkout google-searches for these companies and of course go to the "Recovery" sections of "Rocket Parts": Apogee Rocket, Semroc (erockets.biz ?), Sirius Rocketry and I'm sure there's others if you want the nice 2" or wider streamer material. If you buy a Silver Mylar Survival blanket/bag, you'll have plenty of material for replacements as they tear up or burn or whatever.

Back