Sorry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accooper

Reaction score
Sorry Guys, I have to take my toys and go home. My wife says I can't build any new rockets till I either lose some or destroy some. :(

Andrew From Texas

Sorry to here that. I too have been put on hold for any new builds. Got some motors on the way so we shall see how long they last.... Sad thing is I only have 4 kit builds. oh, well christmas is coming!!!!:D

Sorry to here that. I too have been put on hold for any new builds. Got some motors on the way so we shall see how long they last.... Sad thing is I only have 4 kit builds. oh, well christmas is coming!!!!:D

That's why when I had my plans done up for my new house the architect put on the drawings in big letters: "Rocket Workshop."

:D

Sorry Guys, I have to take my toys and go home. My wife says I can't build any new rockets till I either lose some or destroy some. :(

Andrew From Texas

I bet she was thinking about another new pair of shoes when she told you that. :rolleyes:

These are indeed recessionary and depressionary times. Another tenant just went bankrupt today and watching the commercial real estate market implode just brings me down. Think I will go back to living in my parent's cellar, lookin' at the poster of Sarah Michelle Geller, ordering rockets online like some brain dead A.O.L.LER, I will have to cap em' like Old Yeller, I'm just another old rocket feller.

High power dreams on a low power budget. Can't break the 40% off cupon habbit. My underwear are too loose. That just about summs it up for today.

Can't wait to launch again and get my spirits back up. A bad day launching rockets is better than the best day at work.

Can't wait to launch again and get my spirits back up. A bad day launching rockets is better than the best day at work.

And therein lies my problem,
the endless hours and countless days
needed to make ends meet in this economy
with very little or no time to play....
:(

Accoppper, couldn't you make her request to "loose some" occur at the next launch. ;)

Kinda reminds me of that bumpersticker - "My wife said I had to choose between her or fishin' - I sure am goin' to miss that woman." :clap:

Kinda reminds me of that bumpersticker - "My wife said I had to choose between her or fishin' - I sure am goin' to miss that woman." :clap:

OOOH I'm going to have to add that as a bumpersticker.

The crash some idea seems the easy way out of this. then you get to build some, and repair some!

My wife tried once to tell me to not build or by anymore rockets. So I told her that I was going to by another dragster and go back to drag racing. She has never complained since and I have a bunch of rockets...:D

Scott, I never thought about that one. next time if my wife complains about be building a new rocket or buying a new gun. I'll just go out to the backyard uncover the chevelle and tell her... yep today I start the rebuild.... :D

One thing that some of my friends have done is to try and engage
their spouse in the hobby. One such lady now has a Level 1 certification
and they have the entire family building rockets for the NAR contest this
Spring. At our house, my son builds and flies rockets with me but we're
still working on my wife. Maybe next year. :D

Jeff

My son and I flew rockets till he went off to college. Now he sends me stability finding over email.

well, I had my wife lay down the law a couple of years back.
I stopped for about 6 months, it drove her crazier than me :bangpan:, then she wanted my out of the house, so back flying I go again. :cheers:

Funny How That Works.:cool:

Gently point out to your spouse that rockets are much cheaper and better than a mistress.

It's not that my wife wants me to quite flying, just quit making rockets that take up so much room. In fact she has gone with my son and I when we launch. Just don't mention the "hamster".

Andrew

I see you just need to build smaller rockets, pick up some micro max kits from Jim Flis and if you are creative you can store small diameter rockets inside of large diameter ones.

All Kidding aside, I'm fortunate that my wife is supportive of my hobbies. I've known several on both sides that one spouse had a interest that drove the other nuts. Andrew, If it is a storage issue, try to think of a more compact / hidden way to store your fleet. Under the bed totes, or moving wardrobe boxes could help, also hanging them from the ceiling could be an option. We all go on build binges were our active fleet grows rapidly, maybe it's not a matter of losing a few but just not building for a period of time.

Im running into a space problem as well. My hobbies are a key part of my life after family and business. Basically I dont dont smoke drink or gamble which besides making me a very dull person in some respects gives me extra leveridge for hobby money:)
Cheers
Fred

Back