Today the boys and I went to lunch and then to the hobby shop. The six year old fancied a Chrome Dome in blue/chrome and the eight year old got a Fat Boy for his first kit that is not ARF. The youngest and I cooperated on the Chrome Dome while the oldest sanded and sealed the finstock of the Fat Boy. He then learned that a plastic NC must also be sanded, and the mold lines filled as necessary. He got two coats of sealer on the fins and the NC done before he wanted to move on for the day. He put a good hour into it, not counting drying time for the sealer/filler, and I am pleased with that. The Chrome Dome is easy enough, but I clipped the stock shock cord out of it and layed a piece of 1/8 kevlar down the length of the BT, then poured polyurethane glue down the tube on the kevlar. A 24" piece of 1/4 elastic was tied to the kevlar and will serve nicely, I am sure. I like the Chrome Dome's look. It is easy to see the appeal for a kid. (I think I just admitted something about my mental age.) The engine locks into the fin can with a lock ring, and there is no motor mount tube, just molded areas in the fin can to hold the engine in place. I took the liberty of scoring the inside of the fin can and spreading some gel epoxy on the seams after the plastic cement dried. The Fat Boy will be coached along slowly, and kevlar substituted for the first few inches of hte shock cord. I will try to keep pretty close to stock besides that. It was hard not to sub that 24mm mount, I'll tell you! Better to keep this one low, so he gets it back more often. PS: Dad got two G64-4 reloads and a new bottle of extra thick CA.