Quantcast

Something very big is coming to Additive Aerospace in 5-7 weeks...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Rocket501

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations! My school has a Haas MiniMill that I trained on after our Tormach, and the difference was quite noticeable. I found the learning curve to be quite gentle and the machine very impressive. I haven't been able to work with it since February and am a bit jealous of you!

I look forward to seeing what new items you will make.

PayLoad

I don't do spirals
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Did I miss what the "big Thing" was? I've purchased (& love) the fly away rail guides. But what did you make?

Landru

Additive Aerospace
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Did I miss what the "big Thing" was? I've purchased (& love) the fly away rail guides. But what did you make?
Bought a CNC machining center to start making aluminum/SS Parts for 2021. No particular product announcements yet, but I have a very long list of things in development which I just couldn't print out of plastic :)

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I would like a acme type glue on rail guide but much smaller

boatgeek

Reaction score
Haha,

A nosecone that has a spool of very thin, very strong string / line. So, you can record your altitude as well as easily locate it! (No need for messy electronics, programming, paring with Bluetooth, etc..)

You tie one end of this string to the launch pad, then fire off said rocket as per normal procedures. As it ascends, the string is payed out. You then just fish along the string to locate your downed rocket, and the length payed out determines it's altitude..

Note: can also be used to dislodge said rocket from those evil trees!

🤣😂😁
I had a theory of using something like this to get a perfect TARC altitude score every time. Then I realized that the time stops when any part of the rocket touches the ground, so the time score would be awful. 😐

Landru

Additive Aerospace
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
UPDATE: Mill arrives in ~30days! My garage has been going through quite the transformation. Ran my first aerial Ethernet cable for Wi-Fi, and will have the dedicated 50amp circuit run by the end of the week.