Something for Layne & The Rest of the Knobs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
Here you go; a King Kraken Sparky Drag Race

DSC_4986.JPG

DSC_4988.JPG

DSC_4990.JPG

I won!

Last edited:
Awesome!!!

What motors were used, looks like the Pro38 G69 or H123 Skids.

I have a King Kraken too but I have only flown it once so far on an AT G67R. But I do have an H123W in my box with the KK's name on it.:D

I do plan to fly it on a sparky at some point.

Well, this is a relief....
When I saw my name in the title associated with the word "knob" I thought I was busted again.

Not that I am doing anything to be busted for, but your know, just in case there was anything to be busted for, by accident or circumstance of course.

Anyway.......

Great shots! WHile I will pick the traditional Black and Red King Kraken color scheme any day,those bright blues and green are pretty cool.
WHat was the prize for winning?

Thanks for sharing.

Pyramids?

Did I miss something significant here?

:confused2:

Awesome!!!

What motors were used, looks like the Pro38 G69 or H123 Skids.

I have a King Kraken too but I have only flown it once so far on an AT G67R. But I do have an H123W in my box with the KK's name on it.:D

I do plan to fly it on a sparky at some point.

Man O' man, those skids rock...
Haven't gotten to fly my KK on one yet, during SOuthern Thunder the grass was too dry. But some day soon.....
:cool:

Anybody can do black and red. Mine is pearl green and iridescent transparent blue over silver. All Auto Air Color. The insides of the tubes are lined with 1/2oz glass and painted gloss black. Recovery is a 36" neon green X form.

The guy named EGE has a 12" lite ply pyramid, that will never ever see a launch pad until he suitably abases himself. The young Padawan should learn not to tweak the RSO.

I see many hours of scrubbing gunk off the launch rails in his future.

The guy named EGE has a 12" lite ply pyramid, that will never ever see a launch pad until he suitably abases himself. The young Padawan should learn not to tweak the RSO.

:eyepop:

I'm really hoping you're joking here. Else.... I'm really in for it. :shock:

THAT'S why you asked if my club would be willing to ship some rods and rails to you......

Gotcha! :)

-Kevin

EGE, you can drive up to the Albany area and launch that beast with us next year. We don't require membership and we don't charge a fee. :dark:

MarkII

Back