Someone had to do it

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Why not me?

Here for your consideration, is the review of the WestWayneRockets clone of the K44 Astron Birdie.

Hey, it killed an afternoon....

Originally posted by radiO
that is hilarious.

Zackly. I think owning one way back when was what started me down the path of bent-brane rocketry.

But.... EPOXY?

We didn't have epoxy back in..... um.
I can't remember what I *did* use.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
But.... EPOXY?

We didn't have epoxy back in..... um.
I can't remember what I *did* use.

Probably a mixture of ground up, fresh dinosaur bones and mastodon spit :eek:
Difficult and dangerous to get the ingredients, but I hear it worked like a charm!

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Greg

Thanks for posting that review! I have no memory of the original Astron Birdie. They must have gone OOP before I got my first look at an Estes catalog back in the old days.

I just had to have one so I got two. I'm sure my young padawans will get quite a kick out of them :)

-Kitch

"One, Two, Five!!"

Al

Thank you for the glowing review, we are amazed what a buzz our little boidie has caused. In all honesty I really need to thank my wife who was going to throw the old badmitten set away because all that was left was a tattered net and 3 yellow shuttlecocks. Which were the original 3 wise men before the production run in Red/Blue. My biggest thrill is of all the Emails from the over 40 crowd who remembered the original and what a great time they have had showing there kids a blast from the past.

Thanks again to you and all who have purchased our kit

WWR

Ha ha!!!

I love it!!! Can you say 3 stage? :D

How do you put that into rocksim? :D

Back