Some Upscaled Estes kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aadamson

Reaction score
All, I'm not very good at this, but if you want them, I've upscaled some estes kits. For some screwy reason, I decided that I wanted any size of the heatseeker. There is a 1.5, 2.1, 2.6, 3.0 and 4.0 inch version. I haven't DP'd any of them, but if you like feel free.

Also, I upscaled the estes Polaris to use the 2.1/3.0 LOC transition. Again, not DP'd.

These are at best near scale, as I didn't worry about NC length to scale dimensions, I just used off the shelf stuff. All are TTW to the MMT and I think the latest version of the Polaris is 38mm.

I'll get around to submitting them to RocketReviews at some point, but have at them.

https://www.highrf.com/Rockets/ - should get you to the directory where they are, if not, let me know, I'm behind a firewall on my own web server and have known to have it work for me and not for the outside world.

If those experienced RockSim'ers around find good suggestions, I'd love to have them. I'm just learning and having a blast doing it.

BTW, these are in RockSim 5.0 format.

Thanks,
Alan - Atlanta, Ga

aadamson,

I maintain EMRR's Rsim database (for those rockets that don't have reviews submitted). I can see your files and will be happy to grab them and put them in our database. They will appear on the site around the 10th, assuming EMRR is not out of town for work/launch/etc. When and if you submit a review, they will already be there!

Just let me know it that's OK.!

Hi again. They are coded into the database, I just want to check how you want your name entered. If you want your first name, please either post it or email it to me via the forum, if you'd rather.

Thanks

When I was a member of Connecticut TRA, there was a guy that built the Astron Sprint in just about every HPR diameter available. The first one he built was a 5.5" model that flew on real well on K550s and L750s. Then came all other sizes from 1.64" to 8". I guess if you like an old kit alot, why not built larger versions?

I'm glad you did the upscale Polaris! My wife has an original Estes still in the bag (she swears she's gonna build it this winter) that I've been contemplating upscaling since I saw it.

I think that rocket is very cool looking. Looks like I now have a project after my Level 2 project is complete.

Thanks!

Jason

Jason, I'm thinking about doing a 4" version. Loc makes a 3.9-3 transition. If I can find one and get the actual dimensions, I may do a rocksim for the larger version. I'll let you know if I get motivated. I'm trying to get my L1 ship together for Saturday. Then I'm gonig to stretch it and add DP and do L2 as soon as I can after that.

Then I'll build some of these designs that I've played around with :)

Alan

Back