Some Quest Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theory

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Have a few kits from Quest on the bench. Got some snow outside, and a little more falls every few days, so why not build.

Interesting how things work out. I’ve built LOTS of kits in my time, but never anything from Quest. I’m finding their kits and construction to be quite good. Dig the Kevlar shock cord mounts, and those balsa fins! When was the last time you opened a low power kit and thought to yourself “wow, that’s some robust balsa”?

Yea, sure it might be overkill, but the root gives plenty of room for bonding and the thick stock should hold up well to transport related “miss haps.”

Really looking forward to letting these rip on the new White Lighting Q jets!!!!!

Will let you know how it goes. Very excited about the Super Bird and Harpoon AGM in particular.

DDFA6C17-95F3-4324-84B2-C7E92289AF16.jpeg1C1B17BB-5774-4F6F-9B7C-A43547034B9C.jpeg

Oh yes, and the Quick Kits in the background. For a kit that requires fin attachment, it doesn't get much easier.

Built and flew all of them accept the Harpoon. All were very good kits and flyers.

Yes! Really dig the harpoon and superbird.

Aim to get some in the air next weekend. ...so long as the weather cooperates.

There are a few on my bench as well. They’re great kits, and interesting designs. I’ve built the Lil Grunt, MLAS, and the DC-Y Clipper, all good kits.

Great looking Harpoon, that’s in my queue along with the X-30 and the Aaerospace One.

Very Nice Job! Lots of shine on that white, did you clear coat?
I have 3 of them I had plans to build with upgraded Engine Mounts and make one a 2 stage.
Sadly, my issues with my back has left me contemplating to spend any more time on building.
I have no place to display them, they would just end up in boxes in storage with the rest.
And very, very doubtful they would ever see flight.
So if you can manage, I would greatly appreciate a post of a video of your launch of the Harpoon!

Nice - was that a D20? One of the better looking Quest kits.

Back