Some of my '09 launch pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeLaunchman

Launching since 1975
Reaction score
As the year runs out, I thought I'd post a representative sampling of the year's rocket activities:
1. Estes Eggscalibur on a D12-3.
2. NASA, a scratchbuild based on a BT-80 with twin BT-50 nacelles, here on a D12-3.
3. The top section is the Venus Probe, and the bottom section is a scratchbuild I call Alien, with a 24mm motor mount. The original bottom section suffered some serious wear and tear and had to be replaced. Flying on a C11-3.

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

1. Modified Broadsword repainted with Krylon metallic silver, flying on a D12-5.
2. The blue rocket is Jason, I build it for my son as his first rocket, with decals for his name and birthday (yes, if we had a girl the rocket would be pink).
3. Estes Mercury Redstone, recently refurbished with a new decal set to replicate the Grissom flight, flying on a B6-4.

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

1. Estes Taser Twin flying with a B6-0/A8-5 combination.
2. Scratchbuild "Java E" based on a BT-60, can handle an Estes E but here flying on a C11-5.
3. Scratchbuild 2-stage "Cirebon Ekspres" (named for a train I rode in Indonesia), here with a B6-0/B6-6 combination.

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

1. This is a scratchbuild called "Black Gold" finished with Krylon gloss black and Krylon metallic Gold.
2. Another scratchbuild "Mangga Dua", BT-60 with a 2-motor cluster of B6-4's here.
3. An all Quest parts scratchbuild "Altair."

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

1. After the Eggscalibur shown above suffered a recovery system failure I wrote to Estes and requested a replacement. This is the replacement shown lifting off with a D12-3.
2. My Sprint clone ascending rapidly with a C6-7.
3. Quest QEZ boost glider with a B6-2.

Happy New Year!

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

I love these kind of threads! Thanks for sharing the nice pics.

Great pics!! It's neat to see your son pushing the button. Reminds me of mine. He started with the button, now he can prep, load, set up and launch all by himself.

Thanx for sharing.

Im with layne that NASA scarcthbuild is great. Your photos are great and I thank you for taking the time to show them to us. Keep up the great work:)
Cheers
Fred

Back