Some New Estes Stuff Available

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has the New Launchables starter and have the Old style astroCam 110 for 19.00 on clearance. I may hold out for the new style.

Incorrect.

Wal-Mart has not had the old style Astrocam in years. They have the new style SnapShot.

I have seen two oddities at Wal-Mart this week.

1) Huge store near my house had a brand new display in the center of the aisle at the toy dept. the display was a special Estes display with brand new Snapshot and Maxtrax sets and C6-5 motor boxes for normal Wal-Mart prices ($26 or so for the sets and $4.96 for the motor packs). I've never seen such a display, so I visited other Wal-Marts on my way home from work. All the others had normal Estes selections in the normal place (on the shelf), but...

2) One store had the Max-Trax and Snapshot sets on clearance for $19. I ran from the store since I can't see accumulating any more launch pads and controllers.

Snapshot and new Astrocam have the same NEW shutter trigger.

Originally posted by Zericon
Has the New Launchables starter and have the Old style astroCam 110 for 19.00 on clearance. I may hold out for the new style.

I was perusing the eHobbies website and see they now have the new/re-designed Astrocam 110 in stock.

Are they really re-designed? What's new about it?

Originally posted by flying_silverad
I was perusing the eHobbies website and see they now have the new/re-designed Astrocam 110 in stock.

Are they really re-designed? What's new about it?
The shutter mechanism is supposed to be more reliable and easier to set I guess.

Still no word on the Oracle video cam, I've asked in 3-4 hobby shops over the last couple of weeks - the guys at the shops kinda shrug and say, "we don't know."

Originally posted by JStarStar
Still no word on the Oracle video cam, I've asked in 3-4 hobby shops over the last couple of weeks - the guys at the shops kinda shrug and say, "we don't know."
These are due in October.

The expected dates on the eHobbies website are the best and most accurate reported ANYWHERE at this point in time.

The folks behind the scenes at eHobbies REALLY know Model Rockets and they talk directly with the folks at Estes and Quest (and Aerotech) who are in the know.

They then post what they are authorized to release.

Originally posted by JStarStar

Back