Some neighbors say, "No Tanks!"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's totally cool to stomp on liberty in order to preserve one's delicate sense of aesthetics. Gotta weed out those offensive purple houses so no one has to retire to their fainting couch.

I've got nothing to be offended about in my neighborhood. There's a reason for that. Another plus side is the value of my house being in Washington state will continue to sky rocket. I lose nothing.

I guess I'm financially secure enough to not feel the need to demand my neighbors conform to my aesthetic ideals in order to improve my home value by 2%. Seems kind of pedantic and anal-retentive. And un-American.

Bottom line: You own your property. The next guy owns his property. That's not enough for you, so now you want to tell the next guy what to do with his property. So then you enlist the support of neighbors to *force* him to do what you want with his property, under threat of the tyranny of the majority.

Worry about your own property, for it is all you own. You don't own the next guy's property, so quit pretending like you do.

We HAVE an HOA that takes care of these issues already. Step out of bounds and pay the consequences as per the HOA. Don't like it? Buh bye. That's life and I've been happy with the last two HOA's I've lived under. Got premium price for my last house BECAUSE it resided in a well maintained neighborhood.

0408161120c_HDR (1).jpg More 'excellent' property which you can paint ANY way you want and decorate the yards with whatever falls out of the sky. After all, the sky IS the limit.

We HAVE an HOA that takes care of these issues already. Step out of bounds and pay the consequences as per the HOA. Don't like it? Buh bye. That's life and I've been happy with the last two HOA's I've lived under. Got premium price for my last house BECAUSE it resided in a well maintained neighborhood.

Got a premium price, so yeah it's all about the money. That's the only reason HOAs exist, to stomp on freedom in the name of personal benefit. Some of us value the legacy and institution of individual liberty and property rights over short-term personal monetary gain.

My closest neighbor sometimes lets his grass grow for an ENTIRE WEEK before he mows it. You'd surely be clutching your pearls in despair. The horror!

Where you live and what your neighbors do is of NO relevance to my community. Give it up, you're barking up the wrong tree. You're not be told how to live.

All I'm saying is that dictating to YOUR NEIGHBORS what they MUST do WHEN and WHERE and WHY because YOU SAY SO is the antithesis of America.

Another fine example of what lacking an HOA will bring you. We just had this discussion.

I don't have an HOA. My neighbor's place looks kinda like that. I don't really care because he's free to do what he wants with his personal property. I keep my property looking a certain way because it gives me personal satisfaction. I don't have any influence over my neighbor's choice to make his property look a certain way, and I'm fine with that. I don't own his property. But you apparently think you do own your neighbor's property, and have a right to tell him what to do because you have an HOA. HOA=tell your neighbor what to do=deny individual liberty and property rights.

Once again, that's what an HOA provides. It IS legal. Give it up, you're not changing my mind.

Then you're totally missing the point and the bigger picture. All you see is *personal gain* and not *property rights* or *personal liberty*. Admit that and we can move on.

We have an HOA to protect us from neighbors who will NOT abide in a LEGAL manner. If you don't like the rules DON'T BUY!!!

If you moved into an HSA neighborhood that seemed to appeal to your authoritarian ideals, only to find out later that they didn't like your "x", would you accept their decree, sell your house at a loss and move on?

Back