• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Some kits for sale... maybe a classic or two???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillyK

Reaction score
Folks,

I always like to say, “so many rockets, so little time”.

(and I'm also getting old and tired... when I mistake "scale" for "sale" ).

While my interest in rocketry remains high, my time devoted to the hobby ebbs and flows, as pressure and time commitments from work, family and other interests compete.

My son’s burgeoning interest in photography has us spending considerable time there these days and he’s currently working towards the funding for some photo gear.

As such, I’m looking at selling-off a number of my rocket kits.

Don’t worry, I’m still “in the hobby” and keeping an embarrassingly large number in the un-built pile, (I won’t state how many just in case my better half reads this ;)) but I will be selling off some kits. I’ve created a few “packages” that I’ve put up on eBay.

I’ve intentionally put low and reasonable opening bids on all of them. Really want to see them find new homes.

Pkg #1 eBay auction # 260693716607
Essence Aerospace Technologies (EAT) TriatomicWithout doubt my favourite of the lot, the Triatomic kit was won by me back as part of a 2004 EMRR Virtual Rocket contest. It is NEW IN BAG, and signed as kit # 2. The kit is OOP and I understand there was a limited run of only 48 kits produced.

This is a very unique and well-thought out kit. Built in a modular fashion that offers 3-kits-in-1, to allow you to fly it in a number of interchangeable configurations.

A Skill Level 4 kit, I won’t take up valuable space here detailing all its features. Please check out the EMRR link:
https://www.rocketreviews.com/eat/eat004.shtml

Pkg # 2 eBay auction # 260693718493
Estes Mercury Redstone kit # 2167 A close second in favourites, Estes’s rendition of the Mercury Redstone and the Liberty Bell 7. The most recent version of the Estes MR versions over the years. From what I’ve read, nice capsule detail and plastic fins. Unopened, NEW IN BAG. Enough said.

Pkg # 3 eBay auction # 260693720329
Estes SR-71 Challenge Series kit # 7003
Estes BLU-97B kit # 2055
The SR-71 kit # 7003 is the boxed version of kit # 1942. From what I gather on Gerry Fortin’s site:
https://www.seateddimevarieties.com/BAR/home.htm
it was only offered ‘96 through ‘98. While the box has been opened (and actually the instruction sheets were hole-punched to be filed in a binder) the plastic bagged kit contents are still sealed and unopened.

The BLU-97B is a 1/6.4 scale replica of the US Air Force anti-armor / anti-personnel weapon. BT70-sized, plastic boattail and balsa fins in a unique squat profile. The kit reminds me of the old AstroSat offering that Estes produced in that at chute ejection a number of streamer recovery items are released. In fact I think the BLU-97B uses the same plastic molded objects items as the Astrosat kit, just more of them. Unopened, NEW IN BAG.

Take a look, and hopefully there’ll be something of interest for folks. Check out the auction #’s.

Thanks….

… Bill

Back