• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SOLD - Mongoose CF R2 54mm (built)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyfly

Reaction score
Since I’m selling off all my rocket stuff the time has come to separate with my built monegoose 54mm, this is a fun rocket!

It’s a rocketry warehouse rocket bought in 2015, built and flown three times, never a hard landing.

Top altitude was 12k on a CTI –K530 SS at Mach 1.3. This is a fun and fast carbon fiber rocket that will clear 20k with the right motor.

About the rocket
  • LINK: https://www.madcowrocketry.com/mongoose-54-r2/
  • 6 foot tall 54mm carbon fiber rocket painted with orange stripes and clear coated with high temp engine clear coat
  • Recessed screws flush with rocket body for AV bay retention and nosecone
  • Nosecone comes apart with three SS screws so that a GPS or other tracker can fit in it.
  • AV bay attached to rocket with three SS screws, 3D printed sled holding a marsa 54L, and a magnetic switch to arm the rocket on the pad
  • Shear pins (2-56 3/16”) three pins for each drogue and main recovery
  • Motor retention using Aeropack MC54
  • Proline 4500 epoxy for fins (took great care in getting fins straight and attached solid on to the rocket
  • Aeropoxy for other structural parts
What in the box
  • Complete built Mongoose CF 54mm built rocket
  • Rocketman 5F main parachute
  • Kevlar main parachute protector
  • Reflective heatproof streamer, made it easy to visually track the rocket coming down
  • Marsa 54L flight computer and 3D printed AV-bay (minus the lithium battery due to shipping)
  • Kevlar recovery cords
  • 54mm fly away rail guide
  • Motor retention Aeropack MC54 with metal rods for retaining 1 to 6xl grain motors
  • Magnet for arming the rocket

$500 plus shipping

Attachments

• IMG_3844.JPG
    IMG_3844.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 208
  • C5DL6790.jpg
    C5DL6790.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 204
  • C5DL6800.jpg
    C5DL6800.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 207
  • C5DL6803.jpg
    C5DL6803.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 216
  • C5DL6807.jpg
    C5DL6807.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 212
  • C5DL6818.jpg
    C5DL6818.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 211
  • C5DL6829.jpg
    C5DL6829.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 194
  • C5DL6830.jpg
    C5DL6830.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_3844.JPG
    IMG_3844.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 207
  • C5DL6828.jpg
    C5DL6828.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 167
I had fallen in love until I saw the price. Too steep for my budget. Great rocket though!

OK, then I went to Madcow to see what the basic 2.2" CF kit was ... and your price is excellent! (but unfortunately still a little high for me, as is the basic kit). Good luck with your sale.

I love the mongoose kits. I had a 75 mongoose. I sold it years ago. The few crappy things about it is the carbon fiber and trackers (reasons I sold it) I had to stick the RF tracker on the shock cord so I never had single up until apogee. Unless you have a gps tracker antenna in the nose cone its hard to track it. In all reality the fiberglass version is better. IDK how much altitude you would truly gain with carbon fiber. Your asking the moon, most folks use there own electronics and recovery. Good luck its a pretty rocket

Your asking the moon

* You’re

And for all that’s included, the price is pretty fair. You can still buy it and make it your own with your own gear. Re-use the electronics and recovery gear on another project.

Good luck with the sale.

* You’re

And for all that’s included, the price is pretty fair. You can still buy it and make it your own with your own gear. Re-use the electronics and recovery gear on another project.

Good luck with the sale.

Well I guess lol

Anyone else as impressed with that streamers as I am? Seriously cool and what a fantastic looking build. Hope the new owner appreciates it!

Back