So who is going to NARAM 64?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryg

Reaction score
Since this event is only a 2 1/2 hour drive away from Tucson I am planning on going. Although I have little interest in competition, I am looking forward to 3 plus days of the sport range! A 12,000 ft waiver and a Saturday night launch should be great. I never pass up a chance to fly my night fleet.

My wife and I are planning to attend to fly several competitions. That is, assuming we survive our assignments helping at the WSMC. :D
Stay safe. These past few weeks have been brutal in Texas, and I'm afraid the forecasted relief may not arrive in time for WSMC.

Stay safe. These past few weeks have been brutal in Texas, and I'm afraid the forecasted relief may not arrive in time for WSMC.
Thanks. It will help (a little) that we both grew up in the Southwest, albeit in much drier New Mexico. I'm not normally a shorts guy, but I will be next week (that and lots of SPF-70 sunscreen). Fortunately we will be in the shade rather more than the competitors will be.

I have registered and made my hotel reservations.
A one day drive from San Diego.
I will only be Sport Flying.
My first NARAM since NARAM-60.

I will be there. Anybody know if any venders there will carry the long BT-20 tubes? I have some rockets where it would be a lot easier to transport fin cans and nose cones and laundry, and buy tubes on site,

Also would like to hang out with someone with a shade cover. I will buy my own chair and cooler at Walmart and leave them for anyone that wants them.

Thanks!

Balsa Machining Services is attending the event. I made a high power motor preorder and am having it delivered to NARAM 64 without any shipping or hazmat charges (selected NARAM during checkout). I suspect you can also get tubes and other parts delivered to the event (as well as in stock motors).

Last edited:
"The night launch waiver is for 3000 ft AGL. We have adopted SARA rules. Class 2 rockets will be required to demonstrate dual-redundant active lighting in order to fly the night launch." A relective vest and some type of person lighting is recomended to help the RSO and LSO run the launch.

Light up the night!

Balsa Machining Services is attending the event. I made a high power motor preorder and am having it delivered to NARAM 64 without any shipping or hazmat charges (selected NARAM during checkout). I suspect you can also get tubes and other parts delivered to the event (as well as in stock motors).
You just made my day! I need some 34 inch tubes for my rockets (I can transport the fin cans, recovery Gear, and nose cones.) I will check and see if I can buy them on-site or pay for them ahead of time and “meet them there.”

Avis and I are registered, and I was up at Sixty Acres today testing my 1/4A PD and A SD models as well as my model for Precision Fragile Payload (which is an almost-stock Estes Olympus). As noted above we will be flying competitions mostly. Avis might have a little more time for Sport Range activity, but I'm going to be pretty well tied up on the Contest Range. I will have to at least get a Nova Payloader up on the Sport Range, though.....

@BABAR we might be able to share a little space under our shade canopy. I'm sure several will be willing.

In my post above I said "if we survive our assignments helping at the WSMC". We did, though the heat was NOT fun. I'm looking forward to much drier heat in Lordsburg - something we both grew up with in other parts of NM.

I still need to build another PD model and prepare a bunch of fresh piston tubes, as well as finish both my Classic model and its data package. It doesn't look like I'll get a chance to build a Windlance or two for A boost glide, but I might.... Avis needs to finish her Classic and is thinking about putting together a 1/4A PD model of her own. She also needs to build a second model for A Altitude and we need to finish making 'chutes for B Eggloft Duration, now that we know what they will be.

We start the road trip two weeks from yesterday, planning to take four days to do it this time instead of the usual three.

Last edited:
Also would like to hang out with someone with a shade cover. I will buy my own chair and cooler at Walmart and leave them for anyone that wants them.

Thanks!
You are welcome at our easyup. We will just be sport flying and will be leaving on Monday

Latest posts

Back