So who are you all rooting for in the World Series?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent 14 years in St. Louis, so I've been pulling for the Cards.

But I also grew up cheering for the last manager to guide the Tigers to a World Series win, plus there are two former Texas Rangers (my local team) on the Tigers - Pudge Rodriguez and Kenny Rogers - so I have some Detroit leanings, too.

My preferences aside, the Tigers look overwhelming, while the Cards struggled to close out an ailing Mets team with two injured pitchers (IIRC), so I'd be hard pressed to bet against Detroit.

Doug

Originally posted by Loopy
I say Detroit in 6. They'll lose two so they can win it at home instead of St. Louis...:D

Seeing what happened in Detroit last time they won, maybe it would be better if they won it in St. Louis! :D :D :D

Originally posted by adrian
I know there are some Australian TRF readers. Any of you want to comment on this thread? ;)

(Note that "root" means something different in Australia!)

Chicago White Sox!

No, seriously. Foxsport 3 has great World Series coverage. I'll be watching every game I can and rooting as much as possible.

:rolleyes:

:mad: anybody but the Cards!!:kill:

Not that we're bitter or anything like that!!;)

Hey, Hey - how 'bout them Cubbies!!

...duh... Go CARDS!!!!!!!!
I have to admit to being a life-long Cards Fan...
But consider in the intensity of the play-by-play of a close game in the post-season no mater which Home Team was lucky enough to get there, and you have Base Ball at it's Finest!
I actually enjoy the Post-Season more when the Cards get bumped early. Obviosly I am disapointed, but I can relax and enjoy the games w/o my blood pressure getting out of whack... Any Ball Fan who was lucky enough to have followed Game 7 of the play-offs from a New York or St. Louis bias knows about INTENSE! But I bet even NON-Cards & Mets Fans were able to experience the drama of that down-to-the-wire 9th inning!
Dr. Don

My mother-in-law is 92 and a BIG BIG Tigers fan.

My wife just called her to invite her for dinner toay.

Her reply was, " No, kid, I'm not feeling well today. I think the Tigers gave me diarea."

Now THAT is a fan! Some people show their dissapointment differently than others.
;)

Originally posted by CQBArms
Is it over yet? Did the Red Sox win again!?!?!

nah, you guys got another 84 years or so before you're due to win another series. Maybe the Cubs will even win one before then.

CARDS IN 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the city is going crazy right now....enjoy the winter Detroit, you had a great run.

I cannot believe that the Tigers came from losing almost all there games to winning almost all of there games then they go and totally lose the World Series! They Did so well this season. But O well theres always next year. Hopefully they do as good as they did this year next year.

Originally posted by jflis
God, the Red Sox have the *best* and most loyal fans :)

As much as I have no true appreciation for the "quality" of Red Sox fans, this statement (to me) indicates that you lack (similarly) an appreciation for Cardinal Nation. St. Louis is baseball heaven.

WOOT! Go CARDS!

The Brewers. And, disappointed every year since 1982.

(Well, 1982 was disappointing, too, but at least they got there!)

Back