So where's the new Estes stuff?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelltym88

Reaction score
Well, here we are in the middle of July, "Spring" has come and gone, "Summer " is fully upon us and all I see are tumbleweeds. So was all that Classic Series stuff just a bunch of hype? Anybody heard anything?

Out local Walmart is carrying 5 "new" kits,

they are all based on older kits. they seemed pretty nice..

The hobby distributors are listing the 'new' Estes products with an 'October' date, now.

The hobby distributors are listing the 'new' Estes products with an 'October' date, now.

Yes, and you can thank congress and their dopey "anti lead" regulations for it! (and for the unprinted white parachutes)

Yes, and you can thank congress and their dopey "anti lead" regulations for it! (and for the unprinted white parachutes)

Yeah it was so much fun watching people get hurt and pets die from tainted Chinese products. :jaw:

Yeah it was so much fun watching people get hurt and pets die from tainted Chinese products. :jaw:

Not what I meant. I'm all for controlling poisonous substances and keeping dangerous products off the market - I am a QA manager for a milk bottling plant for gosh sake. What I was referring to was the ham-handed, kneejerk reaction of our congress. At least in this case, it was like using a nuke to take out one rabid dog - yes, lethal force is required, but the collateral damage is ridiculous!

Gentlemen I would suggest you discuss these matters,chinese product quality and congressional intelligence, via PMs please :)
Thanks
fred

Not sure if everyone knows this fact, but in order for a US company to sell products in China they have to produce the products in China.

That said, its cheaper for a company producing and selling products in China to ship these same products home to the US. No need for two production plants located in different countries.

Estes might be in a situation like this and are basically stuck if they want to continue selling in China.

Sorry Fred, you posted right before I did.

Last edited:
Not sure if everyone knows this fact, but in order for a US company to sell products in China they have to produce the products in China.

That said, its cheaper for a company producing and selling products in China to ship these same products home to the US. No need for two production plants located in different countries.

Estes might be in a situation like this and are basically stuck if they want to continue selling in China.

Sorry Fred, you posted right before I did.
No worries I just want to keep the thread on track and away from the politics :)
Cheers
fred

I was able to pick up a "Taser Twin" kit ($5.96) and a "Flash" launch set ($13.96) at the local Wal*Mart. I saw the "Moon Mutt" but passed on it.

I was able to find some B6-0s for the Taser Twin at Toys 'r' Us for $5.99 so there's stuff out there. It's just not all in one place the way we'd like it to be.

The owner and several top employees at Estes explained everything in fairly complete detail in their own sub-forums on YORF. Check out the many, many informative threads.

FWIW, I was not talking about the new stuff at Walmart, I meant the Classic Series stuff.

Uhhhh, Estes is actually SELLING model rocket kits to Chinese Rocketeers?

News to me.....(wanna see proof of that one).

- George Gassaway

Well the Renegade D trickled out a few weeks ago. Not part of the classic series, but maybe there is hope.

How soon? What about the models displayed at NARAM-50 last summer?

I was referring to the designs I'll be making. I don't know about those. I plan to incorporate a steel belted radial tire and maybe some barbecue tongs in one, man won't that be cool!

I was referring to the designs I'll be making. I don't know about those. I plan to incorporate a steel belted radial tire and maybe some barbecue tongs in one, man won't that be cool!
So some of your new designs will be coming out soon, but you don't know anything about the six models that got a *very* positive response when Bill Stine and Scott Branche displayed them at NARAM 50?

I wonder if Bill could post an update on any of those.

So some of your new designs will be coming out soon, but you don't know anything about the six models that got a *very* positive response when Bill Stine and Scott Branche displayed them at NARAM 50?

I wonder if Bill could post an update on any of those.

Yes, I have only been there three weeks, and I have been busy on stuff. I haven't had time for a full history tour of Quest's lineage, but I guess that big full color poster hanging on the door that says something like New for 2009 at the bottom might be a clue for me...

Gentlemen I would suggest you discuss these matters,chinese product quality and congressional intelligence, via PMs please :)
Thanks
fred

congressional intelligence, now that's a real oxymoron :roll::roll::roll:

Ya like politeness in parliament:) You guys know why we avoid politics :) If not PM me:)
:cheers:
Fred

Back