So, what is this EasyTimer thingy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
I am assuming that it is similar to the EasyMini that I use. Sometimes it is a little fussy about the computer seeing it.Try plugging in the USB and then powering the Timer. Then select configure. That should do it.
If not, try a different USB cable.
I think I've tried that. I'll specifically try that sequence. I know I've used three different USB cables.

This is starting to remind me of an ARTS

Bruce

Reaction score
I think I've tried that. I'll specifically try that sequence. I know I've used three different USB cables.

This is starting to remind me of an ARTS

My Easy Timer is very picky about which USB cable it will work with. I have tried several cables and inexplicably, some just will not work with it. Big diameter round cables seem to work best. Hope this helps...

plugger

Reaction score
I have two of the easy timers and can't get them to work. If anybody has and is willing to share any tricks, I'd be grateful.
I've bench tested mine with grain of wheat bulbs successfully Al so I might be able to assist. What orientation are you booting the device in? Given it's got an IMU on board you'd need to power it up horizontally to have the device boot into idle mode. If you boot the unit in vertical orientation it'll enter flight mode.
So power the unit up horizontally on the bench, plug the USB cable into your computer and EasyTimer, run AltOS, and click configure altimeter. That should work and assuming it does I'd recommend updating the firmware if your running <1.9.6.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
I've bench tested mine with grain of wheat bulbs successfully Al so I might be able to assist. What orientation are you booting the device in? Given it's got an IMU on board you'd need to power it up horizontally to have the device boot into idle mode. If you boot the unit in vertical orientation it'll enter flight mode.
So power the unit up horizontally on the bench, plug the USB cable into your computer and EasyTimer, run AltOS, and click configure altimeter. That should work and assuming it does I'd recommend updating the firmware if your running <1.9.6.
Always horizontal to apply power and configure. This thing is finicky. Keith also suggested a Beta of the next AltOS. I'll keep plugging at it.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
My Easy Timer is very picky about which USB cable it will work with. I have tried several cables and inexplicably, some just will not work with it. Big diameter round cables seem to work best. Hope this helps...
You would not, by chance, know if the successful cables are USB3 would you?

Bruce

Reaction score
My "successful" cable is labeled "Proworx". It is a regular USB micro cable. Hope this helps...

Reinhard

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You would not, by chance, know if the successful cables are USB3 would you?
A USB 3.0 Micro-B plug is about twice as wide as a 2.0 plug, to accomodate for the extra high speed signals. It won't fit into the jack on the EasyTimer.

Have you tried different USB ports on your computer? Those can behave slightly different too.

Reinhard

n27sb

N27SB
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I've tried contacting Altus Metrum and posted to their Facebook page. I can power it up, get some beeps, but I can't get it to appear in the AltOS application for programming.

You can PM me if you like.
PM sent

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
Well, having swapped out the cable and the PC (not a big deal as it works on the PC I use on the field), I can configure the wee beastie. Looking at the config scree below, is there a place I've missed where the fields are defined? Most I can figure out however a few are relatively mysterious.

Is this what you're looking for? Everything listed is a configurable option.

View attachment 443558