So, what do you guys want?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Member Gus and I have been discussing some of my future kits.

I have an idea for a limited run kit for after the holidays but nothing firm yet. LOTS of decals needed for this one!

Maybe another "Fun Scale" like my latest Saturn 1B?

Or a really detailed "craftsman" kit like the big LJ II?

I have some "unique" designs but not sure how popular Sci-Fi type models would be.

More scale maybe?

I'm ready to start planning.:D

Sandman,

I missed out on your last round of X20 nose cones. how about a series of kits with X20 NC and different boosters (titan 3, etc. etc.). doesn't have to be exactly scale, lots of options for fantasy, etc. just dreaming after reading the X20 book this afternoon...

I have some X-20 cone sets almost ready.

Send me a PM.

There wasn't much interest in the X-20 cone so I shelved it for a bit.

my dad is looking for a nose cone that fits a bt-80. he wants long and sharp, like a black brant. could i please get price and availability? do you have a website?

My preferences are LPR (A, B, C). Skill level 2 to 4 good. Sometimes it's better if the rocket can stand up on it's own?

I think it's cool when there's a story behind the rocket too - gotta think of the USS Grissom story (When's part 3 comin' Jim!? Loved part 2). It states what the rocket is used for in "real" life. It just adds to the imagination!

My preferences are LPR (A, B, C). Skill level 2 to 4 good. Sometimes it's better if the rocket can stand up on it's own?

I think it's cool when there's a story behind the rocket too - gotta think of the USS Grissom story (When's part 3 comin' Jim!? Loved part 2). It states what the rocket is used for in "real" life. It just adds to the imagination!

I sure would like to see what your talents could do with a clone of the Jayhawk!! something that would be in the D,E, or F. range:D

I'd say a big high-LPR, low-MPR, upscale of a classic Estes kit would be cool. I'm not saying the Interceptor, I realize how much work goes into making that, but one of the other futuristic kits would be cool!

Jason

Here are a few ideas from my "wish list"

An upscale 24mm Estes Pegasus.
https://www.dars.org/jimz/est0806.htm

Or an upscale 24mm "economy class Orbital Transport"...the Estes Condor.
https://www.dars.org/jimz/est0807.htm

But you know what would be really cool is a 24mm size Space Ship One. It would take a nose cone and a tail cone, but "sorta scale" would work. Glide recovery or even a drag-feather recovery would be gravy.

John
(I have too many projects as it is....but always looking for more)
:D :D :D

BT 80 based Goblin or Red Max. You provide NC, decals, maybe MMT, I'll provide everything else.

Originally posted by rbeckey
BT 80 based Goblin or Red Max. You provide NC, decals, maybe MMT, I'll provide everything else.

I say exactly what he said........

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
I say exactly what he said........

Originally posted by rbeckey

I third that.

I wouldn't mind a BT-80 Goblin...but that's been done SO many times...

Any other choices?

Jason

Keep talking...I'm listening.

Jason yer right...Goblin, Der red Max have been done a lot!

But, Hey!... go with what works.

I will continue to make Goblin and Der Red Max nose cone to order...they are kinda "in my repertoires"!

I average at least one every two weeks at various sizes...no set size either, mainly to fit whatever tube you guys have laying around.

A scale kit in the large LPR/small HPR range would be great. Something like your LJII.

Originally posted by sandman

I have some "unique" designs but not sure how popular Sci-Fi type models would be.

How can I/we see more?? PICTURES!

Originally posted by radiO

do you have a website?

This IS his website;)

Sandman,
How's about an upscale Centuri Bulldog? Possibly a BT-70 or BT-80 scale? It would be nice if you could turn the nose cone and tail as one piece vice haven't to make a paper extension cone for the nosecone and paper taper for the tail cone. The Bulldog would be a simple kit?

I'd also be interested in a upscale (BT-70) Thunderbird 1 kit or a sport-scale Vostok or BT-80 X-15?

Regards,

Jim H.

A nice mid powered Nike Hercules wouls be cool.

1) Sport scale or better 'bout 48" long

2) Turned transition for the booster

add in some user options at build time

Cluster or single for the booster

1 or 2 stage

My $.02

Estes Pegasus, Growing up it was my favorite, I've built several of them.

Nike Hercules, Was one I always wanted to build but never did.

ps. Im a fan of two-stage. :)

You've done the "mini" Cobra, how about an upscale? Maybe 3x18mm cluster or 24mm...

2nd vote would be an upscale Scrambler with 3x24mm motor mount -- I think that would be cool! :cool:

I have some X-20 cone sets almost ready.

Send me a PM.

There wasn't much interest in the X-20 cone so I shelved it for a bit.

I'd be interested.

You do have plans for the finned Titan it was supposed to ride, don't you?

I like the Sci-Fi type models. I like ones that look like a "Space Transport". The Centuri ESS Raven or the Estes Starliner come to mind as the type.

This is just an idea model that I liked.

The fins are actually patterned after a Silver Comet

This is just an idea model that I liked.

The fins are actually patterned after a Silver Comet

That is really nice! I like it!

I like your Silver Comet-ish model there sandman!

But if since I can vote for anything, how about an Ariane model?

Back