So what did you get for Christmas??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
:D :D :D

Yup...a very nice Christmas!! Lotsa rockets...I pretty much got a Fliskits store! I got:

Tres! (Production #50 - WOOHOO! :D build or keep, build or keep :confused: )
Long Overdue (Production #34 - build or keep, build or keep... :confused: )
ACME Spitfire - Mom was gonna wrap it with multiple pieces of different wrapping paper - make it look like it came from the junkyard! :D )
Corona - Man, long and thin....sweeeet!! :D )
Drake - The card said "From the gang at Fliskits" - COOL!
Deuce's Wild - ordered one for myself!

Lotsa Fliskits! WOOHOO!

Along with all that, I was able to give many presents to my family. I gave X2: X-men United to my brother, Pirates of the Caribbean to my dad, and I gave my mom some candles - she liked them!

I want to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy NEW YEAR!!! Spend some time with the family, and have fun!

Jason

54-852/1706 Casing set:D!!!

Two Way radios for the field, because we managed to lose one of our old ones..:confused:

Well I haven't made it to my in-laws' house yet but I was *EXTREMELY* surprised last night when I exchanged presents with my family. My mom went waaaaay overboard & gave me a Canon Elph S400 digital camera!!! WOOHOO! :D :cool: :D :D

I also got a cool little rocket clock from my wife & my brother gave me a picture frame with a collage of photos he took a couple of weeks ago when I launched my Thor. Wow. I've had such a wonderful Christmas...

May everyone on TRF get everything that they wanted & some surprises too! Merry Christmas :D

Won't be doing the pressie thing till tomorrow (Boxing Day), when my sis & family come for dinner. Shes got 2 kids (1yr & 4 1/2), so its worth waiting to exchange pressies with the kids about - it makes it so much more fun. My extended family all meet up at my parent's, we have a HUGE feast, then do the pressie thing. :D

Did visit my parents, today (they live down the road from me), and had a HUGE meal. Its now time to settle down infront of my Peter Kay DVD, and let my digestive system do its job.

Merry Xmas Folks!

:D

I went out for a pint with Andy from deepsky on christmas eve and he gave me a Launch pad "matra'magic'R.550 air to air missile.This is probably one of the last launch pad kits in the U.K. so im going to have to do a good job on it:D

WE GOT A DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!!!!!! it is SOOOOOOOO cool!10X optical zoom, 2.2X digital zoom, 16MB card, High-res pictures so I can get pics of moving rockets, and of course the data-transfer kit for the computer! OH YEAH!!! I also got a Red Ryder BB gun. Spring action, lever cocking. It is really cool. I have been shooting it since 9:00 this morning. I also got Rocsim 7, a big soddering kit (yay!) and a flashing led kit that I might convert to a night-launch light for tracking. If I ever get to a night launch..... The BB gun is not that accurate at ranges of over 16 FT, that is where the gun is sighted to. It makes the balls go about 6" in off in any direction. That makes it so I cant hit the bullseye every time untill my dad moves the picnic table. That is what I use as a bench. It is REALLY fun!

Kewl idea Sandman. I held one of my birds next to the tree, just seeing how it looked. A got a resounding "whatya think your'e doin?" from the other half. ;)

That is my tree!

By my workshop and those are all my Micro Maxx (mostly) rockets!

This was a test of the new camera. The software is harder to figure out than the camera!

sandman

Christmas started off here on Christmas eve....... We went to a families house nearby....... The lady wrote a little funny story and told it before anyone was allowed to open gifts....... Each one of us was mention in the story....... Then we had to figure out which part we were......... I was in two parts..... The first was "We had a blast" and the second was "goes up in smoke"...... As a prize, I got a package of "Nerf rockets"...... We all laughed and had a great time........

From my wife I got "Handbook of Model Rocketry" by G Harry Stine........... My mother gave us (wife and I) money...... We will have to talk about what to buy....... I think a new stove is what we will get.......... It took over 2 hours yesterday to cook pumpkin pies (2).........

Sandman now has a decent digital camera. No more fuzzy pics of his projects. I don't know if we'll be able to stand seeing his projects in hi-res......

Nice tree, too, sand.

Lets see... I got the following:

DVD BURNER!!! :D
Electric Drill
Drill Bit Set
$75 Check.

I have to wait till tomorrow to buy some DVD-R stuff... but I look forward to making some DVD's :D

Christmas began 2 weeks ago when my wife took me to the hobby store and got me:

1. Big Bertha
2. Big Daddy
3. Condor (booster with 2 gliders)
4. Stormcaster

I figured that would pretty much be the gifts for Christmas. Today the surprise:

1. Building skill level 1 Model Rockets
2. Model Rocket design and construction
Both from Apogee by Tim Van Milligan
3. Testors Air Brush

It is a great Christmas full of surprises.

Wish a Merry Christmas - Happy Holiday season
to each and all here on TRF

well, I got $130 in cash, and you've already heard about the fliskits and digicam. I got lotsa candy, and a mini RC stuntcar. I am not L1, and want to buy a few(multiple) MPRs. What do you recommend? I am leaving for New Mexico in a few minutes, so i gtg.

Originally posted by DPatell
54-852/1706 Casing set:D!!!

Dan, that's the present I've known about since November.:D

I got my Olympus C750 Ultra Zoom! This thing is great. It's got 4.0 megapixel resolution, 10X optical zoom, and all sorts of other goodies. I even got a 128MB memory card for it. I asked for a 64 MB card!

One thing I got was a Randall hunting knife. These are fantastic knives. They are completely handmade. The handle is carved from a deer antler. It comes with a sheath as well. The neat thing about this one is, my dad actually ordered it in about 1990. He ordered two. One for my brother, and one for me. He got them in 1992. (they take a while to get) My brother got his back in '92, and my Dad was saving mine. I got it this year. He intended to give it to me when I was 16, but I didn't hunt at all, so he wanted to wait for a special occasion. This is my last Christmas before I go into the Navy, so he figure this would be a good time. :)

Al in all, it was a good Christmas.:)

BTW, that pic was taken with my new camera. It was reduced from 2288 x 1712 to 800 x 600. If anyone is curious to see the full rez, just personal message me and I'll email it to you.

As you can tell, I'm kinda proud of this camera! :D :rolleyes:

Lots of great stuff here.
I got:
Estes Polaris
Estes Altitude Tracker
New (large) tool box
Sunbeam 5# digital scale
Asst'd not rocket related stuff including clothes and a cool cell phone.

Between them Sons got:
Semroc Hercules
Estes Baby Bertha
Fliskits Rhino
Estes ARV Condor
(All the above by request)
Blast Off Pack
MicroMaxx Starter set (each)

They also got lots of other suff including a really cool microscope that attaches to the computer. Here is a picure from it:

What'd I get for Christmas? Hmm...

A day at the beach in Hawaii! :D :cool:

I wasn't actually able to afford the trip here. (read = expensive plane ticket!) My dad surprised me and got me a plane ticket here for Christmas. Outside of that (well, a Tres should be waiting for me), I can't say I appreciate anything more than to be able to spend the holidays with my girlfriend in her hometown.

Prior to my leaving, my girlfriend and I were invited by ChrisVG and his wife for dinner at their house. They are a fine couple and we certainly look forward to spending more time with them. I also stopped by the Toft Family's house to say our farewells. We had a good experience exchanging gifts. This year I was able to acquire an older 400MHz PC and monitor for them to use. (read = expect to see more of Jason on TRF...LOL!) Mr. Toft in particular gave me the best book ever. It's entitled "1001 Reasons to Get Married." It's chock full of BLANK PAGES! LOL! :D

In reality though, it's been quite nice to spend time with new friends. This year has really been outstanding. Between meeting Jim Flis again, visiting Ken Parker and the N.C. TRF crew, and communicating with a virtual neighborhood of friends on TRF, I think it's been a fantastic year certainly worth remembering.

Here's to looking forward to 2004!!!

My parents went ballistic this year!:D

I got a drill press, Jig saw, and cordless drill with all the bits one could ever need.

I also got Experimental Composite Propellant (FINALLY!:D ), a bunch of cool DVDs, clothes and candy!

I also have a bunch of fibelrglass parts on their way from Hawk Mountain!

Now I am on my way to a christmas party with my mom's side of the family!

Sounds like everyone is getting lots of gret stuff!

Nick, that is a sweet knife! Now go catch a big fat deer! I love venison jerky!:D

Sandman, love the rocket tree. :) Now that's devotion to the hobby.

Rocketry realted gifts I received were:

Pack of Estes BP motors for a stocking stuffer.

Launchables GBU-24 PAVEWAY III

Hobby knife set.

I was acutally browsing for my Dad at Target and saw this set and told my wife that I would like it and she didn't let me down.

Most everyone has a hobby knife set already but for the money,

$10.00

this has quite a bit in it (I don't even know what some of the tools are for) and a nice case.

The lid on the box is even double hinged to lie flat. (see attatched pics)

They also had a very nice $5.00 set as well. So if you need to treat yourself to a nice New Year's gift check out your local target tool section.

I also receive a Kitchen Aid mixer from my parents. Like that was even for me.

I think they just put my name on the tag with my wife's so they didn't have to buy me anything.

Actually they bought me a plane ticket in Novemeber for my present. ;)

It has been a great day to spend with family.

Oh, and I wanted to mention this way cool 4 LED, 2 D cell flashlight I received.

I love a good LED flashlight just ask Eugene.

I got a cordless Dremel, an 18v B&D cordless combo containing a drill, saw, vacume, and light, a B&D orbital sander, a new wallet, lots of different types of clamps, some clothes, lots of candy, and a 25 dollar gift card to Hobby Lobby.

My kids each got a rocket kit, which is a tradition I started a few years ago, with this being my son's first year to join the fun.

WOW! Thats a lot of HAPPY people! and why are you so mean to tease us with that picture of hawii!? I am in MAINE here, and it is FREEZIN!! Still managed to have fun, though. pepperd a few targets with BBs (for about 3 hours today), and brought the steel content of our haybails to about 12 pounds. :) what fun...

My brother got me a few packs of BP motors. He thought I had a Commanche-3, so he bought me a full set of 24mm D12-0 > 18mm C6-0 > 18mm C6-5. Unfortunately the multi-stage rocket I have is a CC Express (24mm > 24mm). Guess I'll just have to pick up that Commanche-3 at the hobby store. :D

Other stuff:
--> new range box (toolbox with translucent <strike>small-parts</strike> motor & igniter tray in the lid).
--> Popular Science Space 2100: To Mars and Beyond in the Century to Come book. Nicely produced, and packed with tons of artwork, if PopSci had made it a hardcover it'd be a wicked "coffee table book".
--> Rice cooker. I filled the kitchen with smoke and nearly destroyed the microwave last month cooking/cremating rice. Lesson learned: when cutting the recipe in half, cooking time should be halved as well.
--> a Dayton 155R12 all-season tire, with the understanding that there are three more at the store waiting for me. Do you know how many companies on this planet make tires for 12" wheels? Two. Both companies make one model of tire each, not counting snowtires. Choices are limited, and my wonderful Pirellis, OOP for 20 years, are balder than Dad.

I got 2 estes executioners 1/2 off from hobby lobby and a parts assortment @ 35% off so that I can beef these 2 models up so they can be my L1 H rockets.... also renewed ny NAR membership ..ouch...not much but enough.......

Originally posted by Justy

Other stuff:

--> Popular Science Space 2100: To Mars and Beyond in the Century to Come book. Nicely produced, and packed with tons of artwork, if PopSci had made it a hardcover it'd be a wicked "coffee table book".

OOH OOH! I got one of those too! It is WAY cool...:D :D

Jason

I have been fooling around with our new digital camera. Here is one of Merlin. He was the runt of the litter, but now he is much bigger than his sister, my poor wikkle Eclipse. She is super-fat, and on a diet that is NOT doing any good.... I think this is the right picture, dont luagh if it is not. OK. It is too big. Ill try to resize it and try to post again later.

OK. Gonna try again. I might have gotten it... gaaaa! Ill have to get my dad to help later. This is driving me nuts. If anyone has a Fujifilm Fastpix S5000, please tell me how the heck this thing works, and how to resize images for posting on TRF. THANK YOU!!!

Well, Santa stuffe all our stockings very well:
  • Tres
  • Fat Boy
  • Storm Caster
  • Gaurdian
  • ASRAAM Python 4 (not pictured)

It's been a great day here. :) I hope that you and yours are also having a wonderful holiday. :)

Regards,
Todd

fat boy, an astrocam, and thats about it cause im gonna get my computer soon...

edit:

yeah forgot to say, i bought the... i mean santa got the rockets from toys r us and they have a $3 insurance plan... if the rocket gets broken i can bring it back and get a new one... so every time i lose it ill bring a fin in, snapped in half and yell and scream... i love fineprint...

Sounds like most received some great rocket stuff:)
I got my Tres, which I ordered then had to hand it over to get wrapped. From my mom I got five or six paks of Estes engines. From B6-4s to D12-7s
Larry

Back