So what did you get for Christmas??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by n3tjm
Sweet. I love the Canon A70... I sell a lot of those at work. :). I personally own an A40.... bought it a year ago.

Doug-

I've had an A40 for a year and a half. My shutter button is beginning to stick. Have you had that problem?

I've had an A40 for a year and a half. My shutter button is beginning to stick.

Hey seo, perhaps it's because of the glue on your fingers ;)
Sorry, couldn't resist that one :p

Todd

It was a great Christmas...

The day started with a light overnite snow, leaving the ground white. Well, to top it off, I got a bunch of rocket goodies myself as did my kids. Some FlisKits under the tree never hurt. My nephew go me a really cool old fashoned Rocket tree ornament wnich screams build, even though I am really not into those types of rockets. A portable hardware kit from my son will come in handy at the field, while my huge custom coffee mug from my daughter will keep me pumped with caffeine to keep me building during the wee hours.

The best gift of the day though was from one of my brothers. Up until a couple weeks ago, he was foreman at a steel plant, which just shut down. Out of work, but not Christmas cheer, he was able to purchase some of their tools. I wound up with a set of Starrett Digital Micrometers, 2-3" and 3-4"...gotta admit this brought a tear to my eye...what a gift! Pic below...needless to say it was one of the best Christmas day's ever!!!

<a target="_blank" href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/micrometers.jpg">The Mic's</a>

Carl

I think you got the original version too... LOC Precision has just recently released the kit, but I believe they did update the header cards... Where did buyer get it from? Countdown Hobbies. I heard that they had some Ultimates left... Or did you get it from LOC?

Well, it's odd because the directions on the back of the card seem to be updated because they infer that the fin tabs go all the way to the gaps between the motor tubes...but the fins are of the old design and the tabs barely go through the slots. But it also comes with the newer nylon string shock cord mount, and some of the labels on the parts packages have the new LOC label on them. Odd...maybe they haven't "completely" updated it, but it has to be a rerelease. It came from Performance Hobbies too...and I wanna say that it was listed on their site as "new". So yeh, my guess is that they haven't had the time to redo all the rereleases. OH, and it also has another problem that concerns me...the flow of the grain on the fins is incorrect...the grain flows upward instead of towards the root. I may need to give them a call. I can get it all worked out...I'm just glad I got it!

Originally posted by seo
I got:

A Fliskits Gift Certificate! According to my brother who gave it to me, it was the first one sold!

Uh, you know what that means right? You can't spend it! LOL! Very cool indeed. You might want to scan it or reproduce it somehow for novelty's sake.

QUOTE: "I wound up with a set of Starrett Digital Micrometers, 2-3" and 3-4"...gotta admit this brought a tear to my eye...what a gift! Pic below...needless to say it was one of the best Christmas day's ever!!!"

Those are "SWEET"!!!
I don't think many people would know what those are...much less what they're worth...!!! And I guess in your situation (or your brothers), They are certainly worth their weight in gold...Congrats!!!

Carl,

I know what they are!

I think I just figured out what I want for that nose cone you need made!

Can he get a 4" to 6" set?

sandman

P.S. You Suck! :D

Sandman.....that's cold...LOL
Actually..if you can read between the lines in my above post...What you said is exactly what I meant... (except for the nosecone part...)LOL (just kidding Carl!!!)

Man... wouldn't you really love a set of those??? My dad left me a set....much, much smaller though...

I got a Gwiz LC, a 36" parachute and 18 o-rings for my EX motor, and other non-rocketry-related stuff: a skateboard and clothes and assorted stuff.

No new rockets--heaven knows I have enough to build already and no room to store what I have now*--but I did get "October Sky" on DVD, a nice set of hobby knives, and, best of all, a real range box, one of those Stanley double-deckers on wheels. Everything fits in it from my drill to my Dremel and everything in between. There's even a neat little swivel tray thingy that holds a bunch of 18 and 24mm motors.

*"No new rockets" does not include the Tres I am so lusting after right now. Jim Flis, expect an order in the next week or so...

Back