so my mom says...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
do you want this rocket thing i found?

ummm.....
YES!!!!!!!

dunno what it is, but it has at least one fin, so i should be able to figure something out. it's from the 70s when i was a rocket maniac.

i'll know what it is when i see it
i know i have some Camroc parts, maybe a valkyrie 2 motor floating around here in boxes...

next time i go by my parents' house i'll pick it up.
i may make it out that way today.
:D

it's only 20 miles.
and there's a nice breeze for kiting...
i should have my power kite today.
:D

things don't change much...though i do believe my paintjobs have gotten a little better, it appears that i believed in keeping things light as evidenced by the nude fins...

there's a spent motor casing still in place, an A3-2T with a 9-8-78 date of manufacture.

thanks estes for helping nail the date!

i still can't id the model.
any ideas?

Looks a little beat up. ;)
Shall she fly again someday?
Nice find.

Tim

the years...
vividly.
i may just have to resurrect her.
i doubt the body tube crunching will be much of an issue with the little 13mm motors.

i think i'll just glue the fins back on her, install a new shock cord, and send her up for old time's sake!

amazing it survived all these years.

Wow - that's awesome! I still have my first rocket, and it still flies sometimes - an Estes Sizzler. The big one, not the little dinky thing they call the Sizzler nowadays. I love looking at the old rockets we built "back in the day"!

Originally posted by Elapid
i think i'll just glue the fins back on her, install a new shock cord, and send her up for old time's sake!

Yeah that's probably what I'd do, and then put it away somewhere safe.

Tim

Back