So irritated. No time for rockets for days on end

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't flown in 2 years.. Covid & US/CAD border closed..

Yeah, I could fly locally, but just not the same "trespassing" into a farm field, and with just me..

Haven't built, anything, as I have an ample supply and no need to grow the fleet..

And same with Funworks: I come here for the camaraderie & the pictures posts!

I am, however, becoming pretty good at R/C sailing.. DF65

I feel fortunate. Yesterday I worked on three rockets, all Estes. Finned and filleted the Hornet that my wife bought me in 1994, finished construction on the Estes Solar Flare that I started last winter (I found all the parts I thought I'd misplaced,) and built an Estes Ninja, the original all black one. I'm going to be stuck at a remote location on Friday where there are usually 6+ hours of sitting around time, so I picked out a few other kits that needed work during my exile.

I've been busy at work and have had a ton of overtime with no end in sight right now. I haven't had much time for any hobbies or have only been able to do something for 10 or 15 minutes at a time.

I feel fortunate. Yesterday I worked on three rockets, all Estes. Finned and filleted the Hornet that my wife bought me in 1994, finished construction on the Estes Solar Flare that I started last winter (I found all the parts I thought I'd misplaced,) and built an Estes Ninja, the original all black one. I'm going to be stuck at a remote location on Friday where there are usually 6+ hours of sitting around time, so I picked out a few other kits that needed work during my exile.
Wow, the 1994 Estes Hornet is fin-intensive!
7D19F94D-B37A-4B3D-A374-A5C2B2B3BE53.png

Due to work and other commitments I have not had time to build or launch rockets for days on end. I am not happy about this.
OK. I just made time for rockets today. To heck with other life commitments. I spent 15 minutes wet sanding my Custom Rocket Company “Sport”. Tomorrow it gets base coat of paint. It’s a long rocket but it is built from 3 body tubes you join together with tube couplers. I guess that was so the kit would fit in the same size package as Custom Rocket Co’s other kits. Anyway, it was actually a little trickier than I thought to get the tubes to join together nice and straight and to get a nice smooth appearance at the joints. Lots of priming and sanding was required.

20DC93A7-6744-471F-946C-D38316AD9A84.jpeg

Ha ha! I feel everyone's pain. When I first got reborn into rocketry I had a new baby. When he was asleep, I had loads of free time. Now I have 3 kids and all sorts of after-school activities and a 7 to 6 job... I'm getting a bit more back into it as of late. Just upgraded the rocksim and downloaded OR and have a kit almost finished!
Ken

Due to work and other commitments I have not had time to build or launch rockets for days on end. I am not happy about this.
"Days on end"??? Heck, try living where the only flying fields are corn crops, so you can only fly from October through about March each year! I have had a stack of new rockets ready to go for several months now with no place to fly them. Thankfully, our new flying season starts in just over 3 hours, so I'll get to go make sacrifices to the "rocket gods". Hopefully I'll least be able to bring the ARCAS back home as it was kinda pricey (converted to dual-deploy with RRC3 altimeter, rechargeable Li-Ion battery for onboard electronics, etc.)

Cheers!

Back